The Middle East Problem in 5 minutes by Dennis Prager
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Middle East Problem in 5 minutes by Dennis Prager

The Middle East Problem in 5 minutes by Dennis Prager

"Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

This is a video that more people need to watch. As the author so simply stated, the truth is not complicated at all. Unfortunately, our current regime and drive-by media are doing all they can to make terriorists seem not so bad and to cast Israel as the "bad guys" .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Is thinking now obsolete?

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    This is a video that more people need to watch. As the author so simply stated, the truth is not complicated at all. Unfortunately, our current regime and drive-by media are doing all they can to make terriorists seem not so bad and to cast Israel as the "bad guys" .
    Can not agree with you more HornBlower!

I read an article by Thomas Sowell today titled "Is thinking now obsolete?" and here is the quote that stuck in my head:

"Has any other country, in any other war, been expected to keep the enemy’s civilian casualties no higher than its own civilian casualties? The idea that Israel should do so did not originate among the masses but among the educated intelligentsia."

Heres the link to the article.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/08/is-thinking-now-obsolete/
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

shooter
    Pasture I may be wrong but it seems to me that most people would rather let someone else do their thinking for them. My family has owned a business for 45 yrs. Now this is just Shooter thinking out loud. I come in contact with a lot of people. I think that 80% of all people are just FUBARed. Of the remaining 20% fully half of them have serious issues. So only 10% of the people walking around are worth a shyt. Again that's just me thinking out loud. I run about 200 cars a month thru my shop. We are just a small shop. I literally know everyone in this area. Very few have the sense god gave a goose. I never cease to be amazed at the goofy shyt I see on a daily basis. If you have some common sense and the ability to think for yourself and don't depend on a computer for all your social interaction then you are a rarity. I still hunt , fish , ride my scooters and hand wash my truck , car , and bikes. Yeah I'm a dinosaur. About 200 people a month need my dumb ass.

The disproportionate numbers of casualties tells the story and no matter what the reasons keeping a whole populous prisoner and denying them basic rights is inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    The disproportionate numbers of casualties tells the story and no matter what the reasons keeping a whole populous prisoner and denying them basic rights is inhuman.

Uh...I believe that would be Hama's doing. Of course they (Palestiniens) did elect this know terrorist organization as their gov't. Who's sole purpose (it's in their charter) is the destruction of the jewish people. Hmmmmm.... Just lovely...

If you poke a bigger guy with a stick long enough he's gunna poke ya back. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by SmallPasture View Post
    Uh...I believe that would be Hama's doing. Of course they (Palestiniens) did elect this know terrorist organization as their gov't. Who's sole purpose (it's in their charter) is the destruction of the jewish people. Hmmmmm.... Just lovely...

If you poke a bigger guy with a stick long enough he's gunna poke ya back. Simple as that.
    Guess that's ok then to kill innocents

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Guess that's ok then to kill innocents
    Apparently, it's totally OK for Hamas since that is their main objective. Let's not lose sight of who the real terrorists are here.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Common sense tells me if you put rockets in and around schools/hospitals/mosques/hotels and then you launch from said places. Sure, some innocent is going be lost when the retaliation happens, but to blame it on the one responding to the rockets flying over their innocents is proof that the worlds Moral Compass is in need of calibration! Just saying....

oh and look what an Indian (not american) news crew captured from their hotel window just the other day in the Gaza Strip.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...m-Neighborhood

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...de-Their-Hotel

Oh, and don't let me for get to mention Hama has a Terror..er...uh...Combat Manual....Enjoy!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2...-Human-Shields

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Apparently, it's totally OK for Hamas since that is their main objective. Let's not lose sight of who the real terrorists are here.
    The problem with blanket statements are they are just that, one mans terrorist is another's freedom fighter

The people in the Gazza strip have no where to go they are blockaded

in the most recent fighting Israel suffered 60 casualties (mostly army) the Palestinians 2000 (mostly civilians) including a UN shelter

The video over simplifies the issues in this region. Glad there is a halt in the proceedings, hopefully they can find a long term solution.