Forkbrace?

Thread: Forkbrace?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    Added the Superbrace to mine. Felt a better at low speed. Looks cool and was easy to install. I like to think it helps.
    I guess I'm not understanding...

What does it help? Is their something the stock bike does that I should be aware of?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Stock versus SuperBrace …..

It's like comparing a 3 point seat belt to a 4 point seat belt, both work however in extreme situations the 4 point seat belt is much more secure and preferred.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
    I guess I'm not understanding...

What does it help? Is their something the stock bike does that I should be aware of?
    Hard to explain, I added the fork brace and the belly pan ( which helps in cross wind conditions ) and I believe the bike handles better across the board. The brace prevents "flexing". Metal does flex, watch the wings of the next airplane you ride in.

I have the Kuryakan. Don't notice any major difference. Asked my mechanic about it. He said that on earlier bikes the braces helped stabilize the fork. The new Honda Goldwings have a stiff fork to begin with so in his opinion not much help. He would advocate for the "progressive suspension".

Those of you without the fork brace maybe should try this little test...sit on the bike, grab the bars and aggressively whip it from side-to-side. Due to the weight of the front wheel, and everything attached to it, you will definitely notice the "slop" in the front end. BTW, let me go ahead and apologize to any of you that try this and, as a result, become more aware of the importance of the fork brace. That just cost you a few more bucks to take care of .
    Ken (Hornblower)

Superbrace on mine and it made the bike feel tighter at low speeds and tracks better at high speed in the sweepers.And as stated a bellypan beyond protection really helps stability in crosswinds.

Go to the advanced search block and search "fork brace" and read the many earlier comments on various braces available. Lots of useful earlier info to read.

Quote Originally Posted by gray rider View Post
    Go to the advanced search block and search "fork brace" and read the many earlier comments on various braces available. Lots of useful earlier info to read.

Thanks everybody. I'll do some searching and read up a little more.