Forkbrace?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forkbrace?

Forkbrace?

I am seeing these advertised in the popup ads lately. What do they do and why would I need one?

If I'm not mistaken

If I'm not mistaken, their purpose is to improve stability and turning, especially at slower speeds. I'm not sure there is a consensus on whether or not they're effective or more of a 'snake-oil' item. Nonetheless, they look cool, covers up more chrome w/ black. There's members on here that have them I believe. I'm sure they'll be more informative than I've been.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
    I am seeing these advertised in the popup ads lately. What do they do and why would I need one?
    It improves lateral stiffness and prevents the fork stantions from twisting

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Elroy has the general gist of it right.

We have the Kury braces in black. Seems a little tighter at slow speeds, perhaps a little tighter at higher speeds,,,

Wifey can't tell the difference,,, (She's kinda 'like that',,,, that's probably why she's with me! )

Added the Superbrace to mine. Felt a better at low speed. Looks cool and was easy to install. I like to think it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    Added the Superbrace to mine. Felt a better at low speed. Looks cool and was easy to install. I like to think it helps.

+1

I also like that it replaces a plastic cover with metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    I guess I'm not understanding...

What does it help? Is their something the stock bike does that I should be aware of?

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Stock versus SuperBrace …..

It's like comparing a 3 point seat belt to a 4 point seat belt, both work however in extreme situations the 4 point seat belt is much more secure and preferred.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
    I guess I'm not understanding...

What does it help? Is their something the stock bike does that I should be aware of?
    Hard to explain, I added the fork brace and the belly pan ( which helps in cross wind conditions ) and I believe the bike handles better across the board. The brace prevents "flexing". Metal does flex, watch the wings of the next airplane you ride in.

I have the Kuryakan. Don't notice any major difference. Asked my mechanic about it. He said that on earlier bikes the braces helped stabilize the fork. The new Honda Goldwings have a stiff fork to begin with so in his opinion not much help. He would advocate for the "progressive suspension".