A group of friends were standing talking about my B. Somebody asked what it was and before I could reply, one of my buddies said "It is a poor man's Goldwing". That response kinda hit my button. I bought my B for the bad azz style and attitude, while at the same time, I get some decent wind management and some tunes. The idea that I could not--or choose not to buy a full blown dresser got my attention.

However...........................................

When you read a lot of the posts----and read the complaints, it does seem that a lot of guys buy the B and then imeditaely start to add stuff to make it a Goldwing. Yes, it needs another shield just to listen to the radio. I am going to add the heated grips and the Klock Werks is on the way. I have plans for lights and LED upgrades, too. Then there is the issue of no cruise and well, I think you get my point.

While it ticks me off, it is true that it seems that almost EVERYBODY here has done something. Guys who buy CBRs, dirt bikes, and a lot of other models don't GENERALLY start changing things the first week. (Cruiser riders don't count)

Not trying to start an argument, but I do wonder if the design team that came up with the idea of the B ever thought that their owners would want to change so much of their product before they got it home?