Miles: Yes! I often miss this event due to my poor planning skills, so thanks for the reminder! Today I will go try to find my VJMC t-shirt so I will be properly dressed for the occasion! The only thing that might keep me away is temperatures over 100- degrees, as I posted a few minutes ago regarding Hollister. Attening early and leaving before it gets too hot seams to be a good strategy. I will PM you my cell number today.
Rome was great, thanks for asking. Magical City, so much to see and do, walking distance to many famous sites. And the weather was fantastic. Watching the traffic race, and I do mean race, was quite a thrill. Motorcycles, Scooters, Cars and Trucks, all playing a game of Chicken with each other. Traffic laws are suggestions, not rules. Momma Mia!
I also had a chance to see Lake Como in Northern Italy, and we stayed in Mandello del Lario to visit the Moto Guzzi museum. What a treat, and such a beautiful location to make motorcycles. Seamed more like a cottage industry. Interesting that Moto Guzzi was Soichiro Honda's favorite Mothercycle Manufacturer (other than his own?)