Corbin verses Mustang
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corbin verses Mustang

Corbin verses Mustang

I find it interesting that most of the seat threads here seem to be about Mustang. I have always had Corbin seats on my Harley's. I have not seen a Corbin or a Mustang up close for a F6B or sat on one. Curious to hear comments from folks that have seen or sat on both. Is the Mustang more popular simply because of price or is there other obvious reasons?

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    If ya got a Corbin butt, get a Corbin seat. Mustang butt, Mustang seat!!

I agree with Scotrod.If you have a Corbin ass like I do then keep your ass happy.Get the Corbin
    Ride it like you stole it

The Mustang also sits you lower and back an inch.

Never tried the Mustang but I love the Corbin. Even more after I installed the Kuryakyn risers so when I lean back on the Corbin riders backrest, I can comfortably reach the handlebars now. (I am 5'9)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    The Mustang also sits you lower and back an inch.
    I hate to burst everybody's bubble but my tape measure says that Mustang fibs a bit about the 1 inch back. What they meant to say was 1 inch forward. Check it out for yourself. It really is one inch closer to the tank. I've had to move hwy pegs back since I put one on my F6B. I'm developing an adapter bracket soon to be available to Adapt the Utopia Driver Back Rest to the Mustang Tripper Fastback. This 1 inch the opposite direction is the first thing I found..................Dickie

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I hate to burst everybody's bubble but my tape measure says that Mustang fibs a bit about the 1 inch back. What they meant to say was 1 inch forward. Check it out for yourself. It really is one inch closer to the tank. I've had to move hwy pegs back since I put one on my F6B. I'm developing an adapter bracket soon to be available to Adapt the Utopia Driver Back Rest to the Mustang Tripper Fastback. This 1 inch the opposite direction is the first thing I found..................Dickie
    I've been trying to get a straight answer on this and most people just confirm that the Mustang moves you lower about an inch, but don't seem to address if the seat also moves you back. Thanks for the info and I'd like to hear what other Mustang seat owners have to say.

I've owned both Mustang and Corbin over the years along with Ultimate seats. All were on different bikes and accomplished different things. They all make great seats that are comfortable for long hauls. It all depends on the ergonomics of the specific seat. Some maintain the stock seating positions, some move you lower, some move you back, some move you forward, etc.

So, which one will work for you just depends on what you want the seat to do for you. You can't go wrong with any of these brands. The Corbin seat did feel firmer than the Mustang and the Ultimate so I guess that should be a consideration if you prefer a softer feeling seat for your soft butt.

Both Hook and I got our seats custom made @ Corbin on the same weekend; his stock height, mine as low as anyone can go without bouncing off the seat pan, and the back support thicker to move me forward. Hook - later - didn't like the firmness of his seat and had his remade by Mustang. I met up with him late last year at the bike show and sat on his. Mustang is softer and a different fit, but that's what he wanted.

ANY seat will be custom fit to your needs, or you're paying for an off-the-shelf product. Custom is better.
    Corbin has establishments at Hollister CA and Oromond Beach FL for fitment appointments. You can also catch them at a few large bike venues across the country.

Your choice.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    I've been trying to get a straight answer on this and most people just confirm that the Mustang moves you lower about an inch, but don't seem to address if the seat also moves you back. Thanks for the info and I'd like to hear what other Mustang seat owners have to say.
    No Mustang here, but the 'answer' lies in the shape of yer butt vs all that 'back support' (Shove ya forward support)

If ya have a 'square' Mustang butt, which apparently has a 90 degree bend between legs and back, ya need a Mustang seat!