New Owner

Thread: New Owner

New Owner

Howdy All,

I bought a black '13 today, demo model with 226 miles and $18,300 out the door. Standard, non-deluxe.

I'm coming off an '03 BMW K1200GT... the "flying brick" with the horizontal 4-cylinder.

I'm searching now trying to read up on breakin methods and techniques, if that's even needed on this bike. Can someone fill me in?

-george

Congrats on the new F6. I just bought a red one this past weekend. Owners manual says break in is for the first 300 miles and to not accelerate too fast or rev too high or something like that. It's like two sentences in the manual. Just don't go racing anyone or try to hit top speed and you should be fine.

hope you cleared your calender. F6B rally is labor day week up in North Carolina. Lots of Peps going! Read, Read then Read some more, you will learn a lot on this forum. Ride it like you stole it! If it breaks, its under warranty!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

From your slightly north neighbor.
    Congrats on your purchase.
    As stated above no high revs for a few hundred miles, then ride as you please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Todd (firetech)

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Howdy All,

I bought a black '13 today, demo model with 226 miles and $18,300 out the door. Standard, non-deluxe.

I'm coming off an '03 BMW K1200GT... the "flying brick" with the horizontal 4-cylinder.

I'm searching now trying to read up on breakin methods and techniques, if that's even needed on this bike. Can someone fill me in?

-george
    ride it like you stole it
    change oil at 500 miles
    change oil at 4000 miles
    repeat

btw welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    Congrats on the new F6. I just bought a red one this past weekend. Owners manual says break in is for the first 300 miles and to not accelerate too fast or rev too high or something like that. It's like two sentences in the manual. Just don't go racing anyone or try to hit top speed and you should be fine.
    I briefed through the manual... checked the table of contents... searched the forum... and did not see that reference. Thanks!

The dealership also said no steady revs for long periods. Until about 500 miles, he said to try and vary the riding style.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    hope you cleared your calender. F6B rally is labor day week up in North Carolina. Lots of Peps going! Read, Read then Read some more, you will learn a lot on this forum. Ride it like you stole it! If it breaks, its under warranty!
    The riding in NC must be phenomenal in September... thanks for the heads up!

I appreciate all the great info here. I already got my eyes on a couple mods from reading

Quote Originally Posted by firetech View Post

From your slightly north neighbor.
    Congrats on your purchase.
    As stated above no high revs for a few hundred miles, then ride as you please.
    I will keep an eye out for you! I'm very frequently in Pasco county.

I got my bike from Tampabay Powersports on Florida Ave; they seem to be a decent shop.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinjoe187 View Post
    change oil at 500 miles
    change oil at 4000 miles
    repeat

btw welcome...
    Can't wait! Thanks.