Corbin verses Mustang

Thread: Corbin verses Mustang

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I won the bidding on the Corbin at last year's rally.

Maybe all their seats weren't like the one I recieved. Honestly, I've sat on 2X12's that were more comfortable. It lasted 24 hrs on my bike.
    "Hard as a church pew" was the description from the man I sold it to. He really tried to "break it in" but he moved on to another brand also.
    I would think that with all the "padding" on my butt, it would have been OK but neither my sweetheart nor I could get comfortable.
    It did look great though. And it appeared well made.

Seeing how the main complaint on the Corbin seems to be the firmness of it, I wonder why they have never addressed it? I've tried numerous bikes with Corbin's on them over the years from various people and have always found them too hard no matter what bike they are on. They are to me the best looking seats around but comfort trumps looks every time.

The last couple years, we've used Ultimate seats for my Harley and our Spyder's. They are very comfortable but they are pricey too. I've been holding off replacing the stock seat so far instead adding a Show Chrome backrest to the stock seat. We'll see what Christmas brings this year but I know it won't be a Corbin as my Butt can't seem to be happy on one. Too bad too as I do like the look of them.

[QUOTE=WingThing;35536]Seeing how the main complaint on the Corbin seems to be the firmness of it, I wonder why they have never addressed it? I've tried numerous bikes with Corbin's on them over the years from various people and have always found them too hard no matter what bike they are on. They are to me the best looking seats around but comfort trumps looks every time.

I would think that it's because many of us like the firmness of the Corbin's. I myself would be very upset if they were to change the firmness of their seats. They obviously have a loyal following, and cater to that following. They've got their market segment, and cater to it. As has been said...to each their own, or...If you've got a Corbin butt, buy a Corbin seat. I guess I've got a Corbin butt.