Corbin verses Mustang - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corbin verses Mustang

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    Both Hook and I got our seats custom made @ Corbin on the same weekend; his stock height, mine as low as anyone can go without bouncing off the seat pan, and the back support thicker to move me forward. Hook - later - didn't like the firmness of his seat and had his remade by RDL. I met up with him late last year at the bike show and sat on his. RDL is softer and a different fit, but that's what he wanted. (RDL has different foam density's they use based on your weight. Most seats are 'softer' than Corbins)

ANY seat will be custom fit to your needs, or you're paying for an off-the-shelf product. Custom is better. Each RDL is custom, none are 'mass-produced'
    Corbin has establishments at Hollister CA and Oromond Beach FL for fitment appointments. You can also catch them at a few large bike venues across the country.

Your choice.
    No ride in required with RDL. (Ride in service is available)
    Send 'em pics of you in the OEM seat and answer some questions,,, Ship in the seat. (Ride in is quicker)
    Same process they have used for decades now.

But,,,,, they ain't sexy!!!

What counts is that the rider makes a decision between firm and soft, and can get the fitment he/she needs.

A lot of the complaints I read on line (not just here) are with seats that are purchased straight off a shelf; your arse is not straight off a shelf.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke4 View Post
    I find it interesting that most of the seat threads here seem to be about Mustang. I have always had Corbin seats on my Harley's. I have not seen a Corbin or a Mustang up close for a F6B or sat on one. Curious to hear comments from folks that have seen or sat on both. Is the Mustang more popular simply because of price or is there other obvious reasons?
    We have had both on our bikes, we actually sell both brands. Right now we have a Corbin on our Spyder and I have Mustangs on the bikes that I currently have.
    The Corbin is firmer and is available in some very cool color combinations. I personally like them. We had gotten a lot of feedback on problems with removing side panels with the Corbin Seat installed on the F6B, so I have not ordered any for people.
    We have had a lot better feedback on the Mustang Seats for the F6B overall so I went with that on my own F6B. I really like mine, but everyone has different needs and things that they personally want.\
    Attachment 6471

What counts is that the rider makes a decision between firm and soft, and can get the fitment he/she needs.

/\ /\ /\ /\ AGREE!!!!

If ya find something that works for ya, DO IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rickw View Post
    everyone has different needs and things that they personally want.\
    I have my order in for a smaller azz, but it hasn't come in yet,,,

I had the Corbin on my bike, look good is well made but was too wide.
    I sold it and bought the Mustang seat. it's about the same height but narrow. I can reach the road better.
    Ok he's done

Cool

My suggestion: if possible come to our F6B rally in NC in August. There are bound to be F6B's with most after market seats available, including Corbin, Mustang and Ultimate. I'm sure you could sit on them and try them all and then you be the judge what you like the most!

I was fine with stock seat. I used it for several thousand miles, one day 700+ miles, with AirHawk air cushion I have for years. Then I bought Mustang as I had them before on several bikes and I think it looks the best IMHO. I have to say that this Mustang seat is nothing like previous Mustang seats I had. It is firmer, with more lumbar support, feels flat and wide, and material seems non slip. I have Deluxe version, I think the difference is purely cosmetic but I do like the looks of it. Mustang seems to be better than stock. Initially I still used Air Hawk Cushion even with Mustang, but then I found I don't need it anymore. I bring it with me just in case but I am not using it. Also, I lean into lumbar support with my feet forward on Rivco Aeropegs with Throttlemeister set and I can just keep on riding. I do not think further backrest is necessarry but if one becomes available I'm willing to try it.

Mustang definitely lowers you down a bit, an inch sounds about right and it is noticeable. I'm 6' tall with 32" inseam, 220lbs and I am comfortable on it. Bike seems to turn easier and faster in quick curves and due to lowered center of gravity it seems more confidence inspiring, but of course this is subjective. Having some forward pegs is a must. I also found that my Baggershield gives me more coverage with less wind noise in it's lower position than it did before.

Also, if you ride to Daytona Bikeweek you can visit Mustang Seats at JP Cycles and try it for yourself. At the same complex (Destination Daytona) is Ultimate Seats, so you can try theirs, too. Corbin has a store nearby but I don't think they stock F6B seats, though.

For me Mustang looks the best and I like the comfort, too.

Attachment 6472image.jpgimage.jpg

I had a Mustang on my previous bike, a VTX 1800. I was never really happy with it. I have an Ultimate (King) on my F6B, and I love it. It's the most comfortable bike seat ever. I've never tried Corbin.

This one of those deals where it is up to the rider…IMHO Mustang is the better seat..it does lower you about 1” + but not sure about back…I did not notice any movement backwards……again…to each their own… For those of us that have height issues, the Mustang seat along w/ the Progressive mono tube shocks that Wing Stuff sell is a God send, the mono tubes lowers the front by 1” as well….
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    For those of us that have height issues, the Mustang seat along w/ the Progressive mono tube shocks that Wing Stuff sell is a God send, the mono tubes lowers the front by 1” as well….
    Just curious,,,, What's your height/inseam? You don't look 'short' in your pics, but we can't see your feet,,, Maybe you are standing on a box er something?