Corbin verses Mustang - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corbin verses Mustang

Mustang seat lower and closer to bars

In my experience, the Mustang is lower and closer to the bars, not further away. More comfortable than the stock seat, and an easier reach to the bars and the ground for me. I rode 450 miles yesterday and the Mustang was good, better than stock, but not perfect. I believe the foam is a bit thin for me and started to feel like I was settling into the seat pan after about 3 hours. I am guessing that slightly firmer foam would help. I am going to try my Alaskan Sheepskin Pad next long ride.

I have had way too much trouble with Corbin to ever order another product from them. I have had a few Corbin seats that worked out well, but the last two experiences killed it for me. Their customer service when there is an issue is miserable. Voting with my money.

The only way I would ever deal with Corbin again is with a ride in fitting, but unfortunately I am not near either of their locations.

YMMV-

Rob
    Rob
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    I hate to burst everybody's bubble but my tape measure says that Mustang fibs a bit about the 1 inch back. What they meant to say was 1 inch forward. Check it out for yourself. It really is one inch closer to the tank. I've had to move hwy pegs back since I put one on my F6B. I'm developing an adapter bracket soon to be available to Adapt the Utopia Driver Back Rest to the Mustang Tripper Fastback. This 1 inch the opposite direction is the first thing I found..................Dickie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Mustang definitely lowers you down a bit, an inch sounds about right and it is noticeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    This one of those deals where it is up to the rider…IMHO Mustang is the better seat..it does lower you about 1” + but not sure about back…I did not notice any movement backwards……again…to each their own…
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoPumps View Post
    In my experience, the Mustang is lower and closer to the bars, not further away. More comfortable than the stock seat, and an easier reach to the bars and the ground for me.
    I decided to order the Mustang seat based on the reviews from owners that the seat not only lowers the rider about an inch, but also moves the rider forward as opposed to back. Will post my review once I install it and get some miles on it. I'm fine with the stock seat, but would like to get lower without moving further back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Just curious,,,, What's your height/inseam? You don't look 'short' in your pics, but we can't see your feet,,, Maybe you are standing on a box er something?
    I am 5'10 and wear 30" dress pants....... tall waist, I guess
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I won the bidding on the Corbin at last year's rally.

Maybe all their seats weren't like the one I recieved. Honestly, I've sat on 2X12's that were more comfortable. It lasted 24 hrs on my bike.
    "Hard as a church pew" was the description from the man I sold it to. He really tried to "break it in" but he moved on to another brand also.
    I would think that with all the "padding" on my butt, it would have been OK but neither my sweetheart nor I could get comfortable.
    It did look great though. And it appeared well made.

Seeing how the main complaint on the Corbin seems to be the firmness of it, I wonder why they have never addressed it? I've tried numerous bikes with Corbin's on them over the years from various people and have always found them too hard no matter what bike they are on. They are to me the best looking seats around but comfort trumps looks every time.

The last couple years, we've used Ultimate seats for my Harley and our Spyder's. They are very comfortable but they are pricey too. I've been holding off replacing the stock seat so far instead adding a Show Chrome backrest to the stock seat. We'll see what Christmas brings this year but I know it won't be a Corbin as my Butt can't seem to be happy on one. Too bad too as I do like the look of them.

[QUOTE=WingThing;35536]Seeing how the main complaint on the Corbin seems to be the firmness of it, I wonder why they have never addressed it? I've tried numerous bikes with Corbin's on them over the years from various people and have always found them too hard no matter what bike they are on. They are to me the best looking seats around but comfort trumps looks every time.

I would think that it's because many of us like the firmness of the Corbin's. I myself would be very upset if they were to change the firmness of their seats. They obviously have a loyal following, and cater to that following. They've got their market segment, and cater to it. As has been said...to each their own, or...If you've got a Corbin butt, buy a Corbin seat. I guess I've got a Corbin butt.

I had a Corbin on my Harley FLHT. I loved the look but it was very firm......likely too firm.i am leaning toward the mustang here but wish I could sit on one first before making the commitment

Had a Young Guns and a Dual Tour with backrests for my VTX. Loved both of them and while firm they worked for me.

Purchased a Dual Tour seat for my F6B and retained the backrests. Works and feels great and the wife is happy.

Had their Beetle bags on my VTX1800F and got nothing but compliments on them.

Customer service has been great.

I am sure that the other aftermarket seats work great too.

The Corbin just made sense for me.
    2013 Black Deluxe( Sold), 2012 VFR1200 DCT, 2018 Gold Wing DCT

Quote Originally Posted by SCMike View Post
    I had a Mustang on my previous bike, a VTX 1800. I was never really happy with it. I have an Ultimate (King) on my F6B, and I love it. It's the most comfortable bike seat ever. I've never tried Corbin.
    What are your stats? I'm looking at the Ultimate seats as well. Probably my first choice. The "Big Boy" on a VTX 1800 was incredibly comfortable. I run a Mustang sport touring on my VTX 1300C but had the padding re-worked with memory foam.

I'm 6'0", 235lbs with a 32 inch inseam. According to Ultimate, the MidRider should be my saddle. However, it suggests moving the rider closer to the bars. That's not the direction I want to go. Now they suggest the King for riders who are taller, longer legged and tip the scale a bit more than I do. The King pulls the rider back a bit which I believe is where I want to be.

So, I'm curious if you actually fall within their MidRider and King scale or, if you, like me might just want to ease back a bit more. Both seat series measure the same width. After talking with Ultimate, they tell me that the back section of the riders portion are angled a bit differently.

They do have a 14 day test drive, but if I'm going to shell out over $1,000 for a seat package, I'd like it to be right. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dudeonit View Post
    Had a Young Guns and a Dual Tour with backrests for my VTX. Loved both of them and while firm they worked for me.

Purchased a Dual Tour seat for my F6B and retained the backrests. Works and feels great and the wife is happy.

Had their Beetle bags on my VTX1800F and got nothing but compliments on them.

Customer service has been great.

I am sure that the other aftermarket seats work great too.

The Corbin just made sense for me.
    The Corbins looks great. I like how the passenger pad is up a little higher than the hand grips.