Luggage rack by BikeMP3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Luggage rack by BikeMP3

Luggage rack by BikeMP3

Guys-
    Does anyone have any feedback on the luggage/cargo rack by BikeMP3? Is it better than the factory accessory? It appears to be larger than the factory unit. Is the structure within the motorcycle strong enough to handle the bag that will likely get piled on this rack? Does the finish hold up well? It looks quite smooth. Is it easy to tie/bungee the typical bag to this rack?
    Thanks!
    Lucas... In Phoenix, AZ

I ordered mine on the Black Friday deal $99.99 but did not get it yet but from past threads it is a awesome piece
    Ride it like you stole it

Love mine...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

This rack handles my T-Bag like a champ. Durable finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Guys-
    Does anyone have any feedback on the luggage/cargo rack by BikeMP3? Is it better than the factory accessory? It appears to be larger than the factory unit. Is the structure within the motorcycle strong enough to handle the bag that will likely get piled on this rack? Does the finish hold up well? It looks quite smooth. Is it easy to tie/bungee the typical bag to this rack?
    Thanks!
    Lucas... In Phoenix, AZ
    I totally understand what you mean. You're looking for a load limit pound wise right? If I'm not mistaken, the Honda one is about 6lbs. I could be wrong though.

I do like this rack better then Hondas also and will probably purchase it soon.

Rear racks

There are basically three (3) rear racks available for our bikes. Most of you are familiar with the Honda version, which is the smallest of the three.

Then there is the BikeMP3 version...very well made...and it is the middle size of the three.

And last, but not least, is the rack made by forum member...hondabikepro...which is the largest of the three racks.

I have seen all three racks in person, and I can say that the BikeMP3 rack and the one made by Dale...hondabikepro...are extremely well made, can handle a lot more weight than the Honda rack, and add to the looks of the bike, rather than take away from it. I have also seen where riders have added more lighting to the back/underside of the BikeMP3 rack and the...hondabikepro rack...which makes good use of that area, and adds safety to the back end of the bike.

So, there you have it...small, medium, and large. All close in price, and depends on what you want to haul back there. They all mount using the same bolts and spacers, so it really just comes down to size.

Any pictures of the hondabikepro rack?

Quote Originally Posted by GONRDN View Post
    Any pictures of the hondabikepro rack?

Here is a link:
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?2...dabikepro+rack

Post # 22, shows the best pics I can find. The original pics were deleted when we changed servers.

BUT, I would like to politely say...this thread started out talking about the BikeMP3 rack, so I do not want to take away from Pete and his excellent rack. Please take a look at the BikeMP3 rack, and think about it.

(I now feel guilty bringing up the larger rack done by Dale, when the thread started with a discussion about the BikeMP3 rear rack.)

Attachment 3315Attachment 3316Attachment 3317Attachment 3318
    I didn't put the plastic caps over the bolt heads yet. Notice the feet on my rack differ from previous posters. Attachment 3319