rear rack for f6b

Thread: rear rack for f6b

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hondabikepro Rack additional light mount info

I should have said the Admore side lights are rotated slightly as dictated by the angle of the slots in the rack which is actually just right. I had to drill no holes and used the stainless hardware supplied by Admore along with some additional stainless flat washers to prevent the mounting screws from contacting the light bar. I may look around for some black hardware. I may do something to give the rear facing ends of the side bars a more finished look.

I could not be happier with what I have been able to accomplish with the Hondabikepro rack.

The Kuryakyn front markers are not very noticeable in direct sunlight but are fine in cloudy or less light. I had thought they would function as turn indicators but they are marker lights only.

I used the PIAA 1100 LED kit made for the Golwing 1800. It comes with the wiring harness/fuse/switch and brackets that are the right shape but that require mounting support ingenuity beyond that supplied with the kit (mainly some very large washers to better distribute the load on the fairing).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    The Kuryakyn front markers are not very noticeable in direct sunlight but are fine in cloudy or less light. I had thought they would function as turn indicators but they are marker lights only.
    BigRed, I have the same Kuryakyn front marker lights, and mine do serve as turnsignal lights. If hooked up correctly, they flash in unison with the front turn signals. Otherwise, when not flashing, they serve as running lights.

Thank you, Miles. I will have to see where I went wrong with Kuryakyn light hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Thank you, Miles. I will have to see where I went wrong with Kuryakyn light hookup.
    Larry, good morning. Did you install these: http://wingstuff.com/products/3987-3...electrical-f6b

These are available from our frinds at WingStuff, and are needed when installing additional lighting items to the front of the bike, that need a "running" light current, and also need a "turn signal" light current.

Given that I also have the Muth mirrors, these wiring adapters came in very handy for me, because I have been able to use all the legs of the adapters Y's.