rear rack for f6b - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: rear rack for f6b

Thanks Dale. Looks awesome!

Hondabikepro Rear Rack As Light Platform

I mounted two more Admore light bars (small) to my rear rack. I did not connect the right turn signal on the left and nor the left turn signal on the right. They are canted outward slightly and appear as an extention of the rear light bar. I also let them function as marker and modulated brake lights. These are the latest Admore bars which are extremely bright. I may tape over the half of each bar that does not function as turn signal. I plan to replace the wide rear bar with the brighter new type when it becomes available.

I also added Kuryakin front fork marker lights and PIA front running lights which I operate in bright daylight aimed straight at oncoming cars. No one has flashed me so far. At dusk I turn them off and turn on the Honda LED fog lights which are very noticeable at night.

May not be entirely legal but around here one needs all the help one can get. Most of my riding is at night after work.

Also for the winter I switched to the tall ST Windbender straight edge windshield extension which I use fully extended at 19 inches. I am looking thru the shield at all times. Excellent protection from buffeting.

Attachment 3743Attachment 3739Attachment 3740Attachment 3741Attachment 3745

Nice setup, I have been following your posts here as I am interested in rear rack with removable trunk and lights for when I have a passenger with me.

Hondabikepro Rack additional light mount info

I should have said the Admore side lights are rotated slightly as dictated by the angle of the slots in the rack which is actually just right. I had to drill no holes and used the stainless hardware supplied by Admore along with some additional stainless flat washers to prevent the mounting screws from contacting the light bar. I may look around for some black hardware. I may do something to give the rear facing ends of the side bars a more finished look.

I could not be happier with what I have been able to accomplish with the Hondabikepro rack.

The Kuryakyn front markers are not very noticeable in direct sunlight but are fine in cloudy or less light. I had thought they would function as turn indicators but they are marker lights only.

I used the PIAA 1100 LED kit made for the Golwing 1800. It comes with the wiring harness/fuse/switch and brackets that are the right shape but that require mounting support ingenuity beyond that supplied with the kit (mainly some very large washers to better distribute the load on the fairing).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    The Kuryakyn front markers are not very noticeable in direct sunlight but are fine in cloudy or less light. I had thought they would function as turn indicators but they are marker lights only.
    BigRed, I have the same Kuryakyn front marker lights, and mine do serve as turnsignal lights. If hooked up correctly, they flash in unison with the front turn signals. Otherwise, when not flashing, they serve as running lights.

Thank you, Miles. I will have to see where I went wrong with Kuryakyn light hookup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Thank you, Miles. I will have to see where I went wrong with Kuryakyn light hookup.
    Larry, good morning. Did you install these: http://wingstuff.com/products/3987-3...electrical-f6b

These are available from our frinds at WingStuff, and are needed when installing additional lighting items to the front of the bike, that need a "running" light current, and also need a "turn signal" light current.

Given that I also have the Muth mirrors, these wiring adapters came in very handy for me, because I have been able to use all the legs of the adapters Y's.

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

3,028 miles, bought December 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by hondabikepro View Post
    This is a new rear rack that i make for the f6b, it is 3/16 aluminum plate, can be powder coated any color.

The rack with spacers is $200.00 U.S. you also have to have the honda mounting kit for the passenger back rest, that part is $100.00 in black or red.

Powder coating is about 30.00 us thanks dale

Dale, I can't see your images--they come through as having been removed.
    I'm interested in some kind of rack that would cover the passenger seat and complement the design of the rack I already have on the back (see image). When I travel, I have the Kury dog carrier right behind me, and it would be great to have it on a rack instead of sitting on the seat/grab bars.
    What do you think?
    Attachment 3766
    "If it moves, paint it."