Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
Big thanks to the person with the computer that is set up the right way. I have been back to that map and it doesn't show the button to put the marker down. So that you kindly for adding me to the map
Were you logged into Google with a gmail account at the time?
If not, the controls ain't gonna show.

I think Post #18 in this thread was the "how-to" do all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
To add yourself to the map, click “Sign in” at the top-right corner of the map.

(A G-mail account is required for map editing, so if you don’t have one, you will need to set one up. It’s free… easy, too)

Once you have created a G-mail account and signed in, return to the map.

Click the +/- zoom buttons in the lower right to zoom the map.
Click and drag with the hand cursor to slide the map in the window.

Immediately below the search bar is a small pallet of tools, including one that looks like a marker and says “Add marker” if you hover your cursor over it.

Click the “Add marker” tool, then move the crosshair cursor to the location you wish to mark, and click the map. A marker will be added to the map.

A small naming window will open to display the marker default name of “Point ##”. Just type your forum name in place of “Point ##” and click “Save”. Done!

If you wish to change the marker color, cursor over your marker name in the list on the left and click the little paint bucket icon that appears. Select a new color (maybe one that matches your bike?) from the color pallet that pops up. NOW you’re done.

I hope this helps.

And remember, this is a public map, so any changes of Style, Data or Labels you make on the Location Markers layer is global and affects not only what is displayed on your screen, but what everyone else sees, too.

Ride Often, Ride Safe!

EDIT - If you accidentally place a marker in the wrong location, you can click to select it, then click-drag it to the correct location.

Also, if you click your marker, there is an Edit tool that will allow you to add a comment or other info about your marker. Just type it into the comment box and "Save".