Front LED Light Rings

Thread: Front LED Light Rings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Yup; interested. I like the turn signal usage model... but I would wire them as courtesy lighting.

When I pull into my carport at night it's pitch black; and having just looked at the road with headlights on, my pupils are dilated and I can't see a thing. I would wire these to a switch so I could turn them on after I shut the bike down... so that I'm not sitting in complete darkness trying to fumble my way to the door.

Further, I'd wire the off switch through a timer so the lights stay on for about 30 seconds while I walk to my door.
    Why not just the timer and forego the switch then? I could see doing that myself... Except I never trust the timers!

When I have groceries in the bike I need a couple of trips to get everything unloaded which takes more than 30 seconds.

Interesting though... I like the concept of simplicity... maybe a 5 minute timer would work instead of the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    When I have groceries in the bike I need a couple of trips to get everything unloaded which takes more than 30 seconds.

Interesting though... I like the concept of simplicity... maybe a 5 minute timer would work instead of the switch.
    That's a pretty good idea. This may work for that application. http://www.delcity.net/store/Time-De...5.h_804416.t_1

Oh nice! That would be a perfect timer.