Best Seat for Shorter Riders - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Seat for Shorter Riders

I'm 5'7" that's right Steve080 taller then you! with a 29" inseam I weight about 200. With Ergo II's with extensions the stock seat is heaven. I can shift forward or backward without being stuck in a certain position like most the after market seats do. I can stretch out with the pegs or slide forward to put my feet down or slide mid seat to tuck behind my Clearview. I have ridden from Tampa, Fl to Torrington, Ct. in two days with no rump issues. P.S. my wife has ridden twice to the Dragon and loves the seat. She says it's hard not to fall asleep on it.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

I have a Corbin with a backrest that might be coming up for sale soon, it sets too low for me.
    2019 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT / CSC trike

I'm 5'8" with 28" inseams and 195 lbs give or take, (OK, more give then take). I had the dealer lower the bike 1" using the available aftermarket lowering kit. Then I added the Mustang seat which lowered and moved me back. To compensate for the backward move I added the Kury bar adjustment kit that allowed me to move the bars 2" back and up. The resulting ride is a comfortable relaxed arm position and relative soft seat.
    I, SIT, flat footed at traffic lights without any addition to the soles or heels of my boating shoes.
    In the complaint dept. I find my knees ache after long rides (6 hr.or more) due to their bent angle in the riding position using the Kury. floorboards. That could have been caused by old age of course but the solution of course was the addition of highway pegs.
    My other complaint would be the unavailability of a backrest for the Mustang seat. Maybe I'm just spoiled rotten because all my previous cruising bikes had one and I do miss not being able to lay back in the lounge position to watch the world go by.

Ready to sell the mustang seat?

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    An option that currently gets good feed-back is having your stock seat re-done by Mean City Cycles in NC..I would have done my stock seat with them but they were not doing F6B seats at the time...They can move you lower, forward, backward, harder, softer, what ever your dimensions dictate..Great folks to deal with...Their info is on the Web and you can save a bundle of cash...Still may have them do my seat and sell the Mustang....
    Just researching seats, new to the F6B and it's a dream. Just checking on that mustang.

[does the lowering kit works? How much is it?]

Quote Originally Posted by perohijo View Post
    Simply put, yes it does, for about $400.00.

Quote Originally Posted by perohijo View Post
    I just put a "Lowerwing" on mine and it's great! Quality is excellent and will lower your bike as advertised.If you have a centerstand you will want to replace it with his shorter stand.