New owner looking at options
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New owner looking at options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New owner looking at options

New owner as of yesterday. Picked up a 2013 black standard model. Went back and forth between the deluxe and standard. In the end it came down to the price difference being to much for what I was really gaining. The dealer was $1500 different between the two models. Honda has $1000 in free accessories for buying an F6B so I went with the heated hand grips, center stand, rear carrier brackets plus a bunch of the lower priced accessories for the saddlebags. I figure I will end up putting a different seat on anyways so the passenger back rest wasn't a big deal for me. I think I really wanted the self cancelling turn signals as I'm terrible about not tuning them off myself. I do notice them much quicker on this bike vs the VTX1800 with them down on the gas tank.

Ordered a bagger adjustable shield last night.

Looking for more goodies I'd like to add.

Looking at the instructions for the heated grips, looks like that will be a winter project, so I have time to collect accessories and put them all on at the same time.

Love the bike so far.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got mine last Saturday from DFW Honda. I would like the Crobin Smuggler Seat for my bike. Its a really nice ride isn't it.

If your forgetting the blinker, your new best friend should be the "Blinker Buddy". Had one on my Valk. A friend added a second one to the passenger seat so his wife could have the bennift of the Binker Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by zekepa View Post
    New owner as of yesterday. Picked up a 2013 black standard model. Went back and forth between the deluxe and standard. In the end it came down to the price difference being to much for what I was really gaining. The dealer was $1500 different between the two models. Honda has $1000 in free accessories for buying an F6B so I went with the heated hand grips, center stand, rear carrier brackets plus a bunch of the lower priced accessories for the saddlebags. I figure I will end up putting a different seat on anyways so the passenger back rest wasn't a big deal for me. I think I really wanted the self cancelling turn signals as I'm terrible about not tuning them off myself. I do notice them much quicker on this bike vs the VTX1800 with them down on the gas tank.

Looking at the instructions for the heated grips, looks like that will be a winter project, so I have time to collect accessories and put them all on at the same time.

Love the bike so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by FAT_FREDDIET View Post
    I got mine last Saturday from DFW Honda. I would like the Crobin Smuggler Seat for my bike. Its a really nice ride isn't it.
    Welcome to the forum from beautiful San Clemente, California. Ride safe and enjoy!

Welcome, I just got mine last week but its been a long time since I rode anything so smooth. Have fun, lots of info here.

keep hanging around here and the credit card will get a workout.

F6B deluxe
    Areo pegs
    Baggershield
    Belly pan
    BikeMP3 960 lamps
    BikeMP3 luggage rack- arrived today
    12v power in cubby
    bluetooth module
    clip on cruise
    corbin seat w/backrest
    saddlebag mats-arriving thursday
    K&N aircleaner- on shelf for winter install.

many other goodies to be had. Welcome to the best forum, or the worst if you follow all the mods, that there is. Come to franklin nc and you may pick up some other ideas!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zekepa View Post

Love the bike so far.
    Tell me more about this $1,000 in free accessories thing. Was that a dealer offered incentive or from Honda. I just picked mine up a couple weeks ago and there was no mention of it. If it's available then I can surely spend it.

$1000 in free acc is a Honda Promotion. Started on 07-02-2014

Freebees

Quote Originally Posted by Tunes View Post
    $1000 in free acc is a Honda Promotion. Started on 07-02-2014
    That's why I bought mine in June. Didn't want to have to worry how to spend the $1K. Happens every time I purchase a new car too.
    Ray

2013 F6B Deluxe with Hannigan Trike Kit (all repainted metallic silver)
    2007 EZGO Electric Golf Cart

Quote Originally Posted by Ray H View Post
    That's why I bought mine in June. Didn't want to have to worry how to spend the $1K. Happens every time I purchase a new car too.
    HUH??? I'm trying to figure out how this is a bad thing?
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono