Cruise control

Thread: Cruise control

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Regarding the brackets that need to be fabricated. Is there a template or diagram of some kind that can be used for the fabrication? I realize your guys have made this so if there is a price involved that would be understandable. If there is someone that can make one for a price that would be great as well!

Thanks.

Darryl

Quote Originally Posted by Dmoon64 View Post
    Regarding the brackets that need to be fabricated. Is there a template or diagram of some kind that can be used for the fabrication? I realize your guys have made this so if there is a price involved that would be understandable. If there is someone that can make one for a price that would be great as well!

Thanks.

Darryl
    The brackets are really not that difficult but depend on where, and how you want the control unit mounted. Depending on your chosen location the bracket that comes with the unit can be bent, cut, welded as needed.
    The bracket for the actual cable to the throttle body is as Barry did the dimensions are top hole = 5/16", Bottom hole (that fits over the lever arm) I went with 1/4" hole straight down .750"center to center from the top hole. For the cable mounting hole again I went with .250". This one is clocked about 4:30 and down 1.5" from the top mounting hole. (See Barry's picture.) I actually used a holly throttle arm from Summit as it already had the offset in it and mounted the carb stud Barry listed. I chopped off the threads and tig welded it to the bracket so nothing was sticking out the back side.
    I also used .060 stock with an offset ( holly arm ) a star washer, and the stock nut. Now my weak point tying up the electrical connections.

For the Rostra cruise control switches I did not use a bracket, I Simply disassembled the switch housing and mounted it in the stock Goldwing location with some 4-40 screws, and ran the wires out of the right switch housing and down the handle bars inside the wire retainer that is already there. Snapped the cover back on and I think it looks great. I still need to seal the unit after testing though. Be sure you mount so that you don't interfere with the start switch......

I have all of the parts needed to install Rostra cruise on my 6. The snow will be flying here soon and I'll have a few months of relatively snowy roads to take on the project.

I ordered most of my parts from Summit... The shipped to me from two different locations and charged me ten dollars to ship one item that retailed for 1.49... I am a bit disgusted