Cruise control

Thread: Cruise control

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I have the Go Cruise (aluminum model) as well and, as far as mechanical throttle locks are concerned, this one works well. I do have a pretty serious concern about this type of cruise control however which is this...due to the spring return of the throttle, we are not accustomed to having to forcibly close the throttle. In a panic situation, will you have the presence of mind to do that? No doubt, you will hit the brakes but unless you force the throttle closed, the engine will continue to propel you forward thus making your braking less effective. I experienced this returning from Daytona when a car suddenly cut me off on I-95 and I had only an instant to respond. I escaped but realized the deficiency of a throttle lock like the Go Cruise. Just sayin'...
    I had simply not removed the "friction throttle lock" go cruise or what ever. I did not like any of them. I had the break away as well and all of them in my opinion while useful on a flat road to get your hand free for a limited time were useless here in the mountains and as you said "could" cause issues in some circumstances. If you look at the switches on the control housing I have actually as a few others installed REAL cruise control!
    this is the only true solution thus far to my issue of wanting cruise control on this otherwise great bike.

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley View Post
    I had simply not removed the "friction throttle lock" go cruise or what ever. I did not like any of them. I had the break away as well and all of them in my opinion while useful on a flat road to get your hand free for a limited time were useless here in the mountains and as you said "could" cause issues in some circumstances. If you look at the switches on the control housing I have actually as a few others installed REAL cruise control!
    this is the only true solution thus far to my issue of wanting cruise control on this otherwise great bike.
    OOPS! I assumed too much from your pic. If I had looked back over the thread, I would see that you went with Rostra. Got to pay more attention