Cruise control

Thread: Cruise control

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is it easy to install?

Quote Originally Posted by RT59 View Post
    Throttlemeister for me too until a full cruise is available. My TM is so much better than nothing at all. It works great with this bike - even pulling a trailer.

Russ
    I purchased a Kaoko and I would have to take the weight out of the end of the grip. It's not that easy. Unless there is a special tool.
    How much work is the Throttlemeister to install? Unscrew and screw? If it is, I'll send this Kaoko back and get a Throttlemeister. I'm using a Go Cruise. I just finished a 2700 mile trip and it was useful.

Well, I know one thing now; Vista Cruise won't fit with the heated grips..
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.

Tried out the Go Cruise yesterday. Inexpensive, easy install and easy to use. Takes some messing with it to get the speed where you want and doesn't compensate for hills but for those long flat roads it's nice to rest the right hand for a bit. Best bang for the buck IMO. $20 at my local bike shop.

IMG_0833.JPGIMG_0905.jpg

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Had a couple Go Cruises on prior rides. Best bang for the buck as all I need is 'wrist break' every now and then. (Never use the cruise in my truck due to traffic, so it wouldn't be much different with a bike)

Had the Kury version of the throttle-meister. Pretty much a PITA to use.

Thought about the adjustable version of the go Cruise, but will stick with the 'original' and add my 'po boy anti-theft / adjustable tension device'

Run a small zip type through the large hole and down under the lower arm. Tighten for effect! LOL!