I have but not for a long trip. It seems to mellow out a lot at cruising speeds. Leaving tomorrow morning for 6 days going through PA and WV and over to DC. Will be coming back west on Friday with my two boys to ride the Skyline Drive and then WV for a couple of Days. Will be riding our route for the SE Ohio Ride Sunday Afternoon and part of the day on Monday. Will be able to give you a pretty good idea on sound when on the bike all day for several days in a row. I had Tom T's Exhaust on my Valkyrie with Glass Pack's and Trombone inserts. It sounds good, a lot different then cutting the piggies. This is a different sound then with the Valkyrie. I will be able to tell, because our youngest son will be with me for the trip with my old Valkyrie. We will be at Groves Harley Davidson in Winchester VA on Friday Morning from about 8:30 AM till about noon if anyone wants to stop by. Mike Lamborne of MountainMan Art (He has painted all of our bikes) will be there for a dealer Open House. He is going to do some painting on our oldest sons bike.
Quote Originally Posted by Cleaver View Post
Rick, have you had the bike out for a cruise on the open road? I would like your honest opinion on if there is any "drone" while cruising at speeds of 55 or 70mph.
I had a Valkyrie and I cut the "piggies", which made a deeper sound that was good while stopped, but very annoying at riding speeds.

Thanks, Marty