10K Miles whos got it already? Anybody Close?

Thread: 10K Miles whos got it already? Anybody Close?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

10K MILES

Just pasted the 7K just changed the oil for the second time. On my way to the Carabana on Thursday.

I just turned over 10,000 miles. Bought it in April. Seems like I get more comfortable on this bike more and more. We are as one now......
    Unlike my 97 BMW R1100RT I never really felt totally comfortable on it in corners or around town.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I just turned over 10,000 miles. Bought it in April. Seems like I get more comfortable on this bike more and more. We are as one now......
    Unlike my 97 BMW R1100RT I never really felt totally comfortable on it in corners or around town.

Kevin, congrats on the 10k mileage mark. Funny, I too had a '97 R11RT.

DSC00229.jpg

Thanks Miles.

I bought the bike locally but it was originally purchased in Sacramento and had a Rick Mayer seat put on it. It was a good bike but I was always leery of major component failure and expensive repairs, from what I read on the forums. It now has a home in Twin Falls Idaho.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Attachment 2772

Thanks Miles.

I bought the bike locally but it was originally purchased in Sacramento and had a Rick Mayer seat put on it. It was a good bike but I was always leery of major component failure and expensive repairs, from what I read on the forums. It now has a home in Twin Falls Idaho.
    I had the same color bike, same year, same model, and mine also had a Rick Mayer seat on it. Mine was bought locally too, but...locally for me was at Cascade BMW in Kirkland.

mileage

just turned 27000 miles, time for brake and clutch fluid, air cleaner, fork oil, plugs, and drive shaft input spline lube, and diff oil, plus new dunlop tires, she will be like new again, dale

Quote Originally Posted by hondabikepro View Post
    just turned 27000 miles, time for brake and clutch fluid, air cleaner, fork oil, plugs, and drive shaft input spline lube, and diff oil, plus new dunlop tires, she will be like new again, dale

So, Dale, tell us, what air filter and spark plugs are you going to install ?????

I already had Tyler install a new K&N air filter in mine, while you were off playing in Florida. And the NGK Iridium spark plugs are sitting on my shelf in my shop, just waiting for the bike to come home. Of course, now that I have "zero" miles on the bike, it may be awhile before I have to do anything to it.