I'm new and need some advice

Thread: I'm new and need some advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm new and need some advice

I am brand new to this forum (this is my first post), and I am hoping to get some advice. I live in Central FL, the Orlando area, and I am going to the dealership tomorrow to buy an F6B. If I can get the base model (not deluxe) for $17,906 out the door, am I getting a fair deal? I am embarrassed to say that I am a bit of a push over when it comes to negotiating vehicles. I would just like to know if I am getting suckered or not. Thanks for taking the time help. Greg

Quote Originally Posted by er.medic View Post
    I am brand new to this forum (this is my first post), and I am hoping to get some advice. I live in Central FL, the Orlando area, and I am going to the dealership tomorrow to buy an F6B. If I can get the base model (not deluxe) for $17,906 out the door, am I getting a fair deal? I am embarrassed to say that I am a bit of a push over when it comes to negotiating vehicles. I would just like to know if I am getting suckered or not. Thanks for taking the time help. Greg
    To me that sounds like a great deal, I bought the First F6B sold in Arizona and believe me I PAID WAY MORE than that.

shooter
    If its a 14 that's a good price. If its a 13 they need to take another thousand off.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Doesn't sound bad,,, Many will chime in with I paid $X and I paid $Y, but until you know all the details, (and year models) it's hard to say it's apples to apples.

For instance, my OTD price was great, and I paid another slug in sales tax when I got back to my home state. Still good for a 13 back in 13, but more than what folks are paying for 13's today.

I am assuming it's a 13 as there are quite a few 13's left,,, there is no incentive for a dealer to mark down a 14 when he has 13's on hand.

I'm in Casselberry and bought my 2013 about 2 weeks ago. I went to Seminole Power Sports and Orlando Honda. I got a far better deal at Kissimmee Power Sports. My advice is to go to Kissimmee last after having obtained a price from the other two. Ask them for their best price and see if they can beat it. They're located on SOBT. I saved about $1300, but I had a trade so your experience may vary.

Honda of Russelville advertises new leftover 2013 F6Bs for $15,585. Cycletrader has dealers listing them at $14,999 and sometimes even lower. That's without tax, tags and prep, but those are the prices I'd show to your dealer to negotiate a lower price if you're looking at buying a 2013. If you want a 2014 then the price you quoted sounds fair. 2013 and 2014 bikes are identical except for yellow being available on the 2014 and red being dropped.

It is a 2013, so I guess I am paying too much? I am just not good at negotiating; I don't like confrontation

Quote Originally Posted by er.medic View Post
    Sounds like a good deal for a 2014. However, leftover 2013 models should be discounted a bit more I would suspect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]