Scratches on the Bars - 6327 Miles now...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scratches on the Bars - 6327 Miles now...

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

Scratches on the Bars - 6327 Miles now...

Anyone else seeing visual damage to the finish on the black satin passenger bars? I've taken mine off at least once or twice, and bungied my luggage to it several times. Now I see some silver areas showing up.

Don't tell me Honda ducked and put a less-than-healthy finish on those metal parts. That means I just gotta paint THEM, too.

How do YOUR bike's bars look?
    "If it moves, paint it."

Quote Originally Posted by Elin in So. Cal. View Post
    Anyone else seeing visual damage to the finish on the black satin passenger bars? I've taken mine off at least once or twice, and bungied my luggage to it several times. Now I see some silver areas showing up.

Don't tell me Honda ducked and put a less-than-healthy finish on those metal parts. That means I just gotta paint THEM, too.

Mine look a bit sad as I secure my Orlib yellow bag to them. I am not sure paint will work as I use them for strap points.
    Deer Slayer
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it.

Yup, my cover rubbed on them, they're roached now, have to look at getting them recoated now.

I strap my tour bag on my back seat and noticed it will rub on the passenger rails so I cover them with Snider's paint guardhttp://www.aerostich.com/snider-s-paint-guard.html when I travel. Because my bike is my daily transportation I also frequently carry boxes to FEDEX and other sundry items but use soft tie loops http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-frame-loops.html and keep a towel in the saddle bags that I put under the load. My rails still look good.

Yep, finish scratches off too easily. I wonder if the high temp header paint will hold up better.

Thanks for the link 1951vbs, I just ordered some.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    Yep, finish scratches off too easily. I wonder if the high temp header paint will hold up better.
    Header paint is not very resilient. Powder coat would be best, but what color?

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Black, of course!

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

Just over 16,000 miles now... after eight months.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    Iridescent tourquoise! Oh dear, oh dear... yes, I'm going to repaint the Red Queen. If not this winter, then next. I know how long it takes now and I know I can do it more quickly.
    "If it moves, paint it."

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Iridescent tourquoise! Oh dear, oh dear... yes, I'm going to repaint the Red Queen. If not this winter, then next. I know how long it takes now and I know I can do it more quickly.
    You do mean 'just the bars', correct?

Baking In the Sun

Checkout baking in the sun by hiflyer and you can see what he did