$1000 Honda Accessories

Thread: $1000 Honda Accessories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I agree on the "free" comment. I tried to look at what was available and its inflated cost versus a real world cost. The fogs seem comparable and people say the Honda kit is good. So that is $500. I have no idea what windshield I will want but it seems like most people go through several before finding the perfect one, so I figure I could try the "free" one. The smaller windshield is the same height as stock but tinted, correct? Heated grips in Texas aren't too necessary except that I do most of my riding during our "winter" so it might be a nice touch for "free".

A 12v plug is a must for me, but the Honda one is $80 and I have seen plug and play aftermarket ones for $12.

Thanks for all the input. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by 5111 View Post
    I agree on the "free" comment. I tried to look at what was available and its inflated cost versus a real world cost. The fogs seem comparable and people say the Honda kit is good. So that is $500. I have no idea what windshield I will want but it seems like most people go through several before finding the perfect one, so I figure I could try the "free" one. The smaller windshield is the same height as stock but tinted, correct? Heated grips in Texas aren't too necessary except that I do most of my riding during our "winter" so it might be a nice touch for "free".

A 12v plug is a must for me, but the Honda one is $80 and I have seen plug and play aftermarket ones for $12.

Thanks for all the input. Anyone else?
    I passed on the passenger backrest, because I plan to replace the seat soon, and will probably being going with an Ultimate with both rider and passenger backrests.

I guess I'll need the brackets, probably going to buy the MP3 rack.

Yes the $1000 goes quick with the overpriced accessories, but it's still was cheaper than buying them out of my own pocket
    My total came up $70 over when tax was added. The dealer squashed the $70 .

I got the
    Chrome rotor covers( wasn't sure about those, but I like them )

LED fog light kit

12 volt accessory outlet. Yes an aftermarket is cheaper, but that goes for everything.

License plate frame

saddlebag liners

shop manual
    DOD Retired Cold War, Operation Promote Liberty, Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran. PPR (PAINt proBLEM registry) Member! Current rides: 1984 Harley Davidson FXST Softail 1340, 2013 Honda GoldWing F6B 1832, 2014 BMW R nine T 1170

I bought my F6B earlier this month. There was no mention of the $1,000 give-a-way from the salesman.

After learning about it here, I called him yesterday and confronted him with it. He tells me that my 2013 F6B was the first one that he sold. He is now contacting Honda to se what we can do about it. Supposedly, the Honda rep will be in the dealership today and this will be discussed.

I took a demo ride on the F6B at another Honda dealer. I made an offer on the bike but they would not come to my number. Had they brought the $1,000 incentive into the mix, they would have sold me the bike and I would have never gone to dealer number 2.

I got the Tall Windscreen, Fog Lights, and Center Stand, those were the best for my bike and needs.

Ok it's now officially a Honda Christmas in July.

As background, the dealership where I bought my F6B is Best Honda and Best Ford in Nashua NH. I started a negotiation for my F6B in late June. The $1,000 promo was not available at that point.

When I closed the deal a few days into July, I ended up closing the deal with the finance manager at the Ford side of the operation. So the car finance manager didn't bring it up either. He may or may not have been made aware of the new incentive or was just working from the initial negotiations.

The long and the short of it is that Best Honda got in touch with their Honda rep. The decision was to offer me the $1,000 in accessories for the purchase of my left over 2013. The salesman simply asked me to come in and choose my parts.

Now that's how taking care of the customer gets done. Thank you Best Honda!

My thanks go out to this forum as well for being such a great source of information.

The heated grips are defiantly a +.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!