Cagers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cagers

Cagers

Had my second accident ever on a motorcycle yesterday. Cager changed three lanes of traffic to hit me and I thought the Deer were bad. I was not injured at all but my poor girlfriend took the cagers bumper to her leg and I'm more upset about that than anything.
    The cager and I were traveling in the same direction on the same street, he was three lanes from me in the curb lane and I was traveling the inside lane. He deciced he needed to make a left turn (from the outside curb lane) so he did and we met in the way you don't want to meet other people on the road. His car clipped my girlfriends leg and the right rear bag. I was able to keep it up on the rubber side and pulled it over. It was a hard hit and the bike faired quite well. The F6B is a strong machine and I'm positive I would have gone down on a different bike.

Here is the damage.

accident.jpg

Was your girlfriend OK?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
    Was your girlfriend OK?
    Yes!! but my Attorney advised me not to discuss it in details. Thanks for your concern it means alot.

I hope that your girlfriends' leg will be okay. I also hope the car driver was ticketed for improper lane change, reckless driving, and for being an idiot.

The bike can be fixed, but...that is also a psychological bummer. I notice you have the larger passenger floorboards on your bike. Nice touch.

I wish the best for your girlfriend.

TennX
    Danny, sorry to hear this..hope you guys are ok.....

I saw a bumpersticker that read:
    "Don't Drive Faster Than Your Angels Can Fly" .
    Glad yours were nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphian View Post
    Had my second accident ever on a motorcycle yesterday. Cager changed three lanes of traffic to hit me and I thought the Deer were bad. I was not injured at all but my poor girlfriend took the cagers bumper to her leg and I'm more upset about that than anything.
    The cager and I were traveling in the same direction on the same street, he was three lanes from me in the curb lane and I was traveling the inside lane. He deciced he needed to make a left turn (from the outside curb lane) so he did and we met in the way you don't want to meet other people on the road. His car clipped my girlfriends leg and the right rear bag. I was able to keep it up on the rubber side and pulled it over. It was a hard hit and the bike faired quite well. The F6B is a strong machine and I'm positive I would have gone down on a different bike.

Here is the damage.

Attachment 621
    WOW ! You're very fortunate that you did not lose the bike after a hit like that. I'm guessing that you saw him coming and not going to fast. Hopefully your GF is not banged up to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TennX View Post
    Danny, sorry to hear this..hope you guys are ok.....
    Thanks Phil, The accident happened in the Precinct where I work so the Precinct Supervisor had to make the scene along with the Traffic Officers. The scrutiny they put us under while off duty is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I hope that your girlfriends' leg will be okay. I also hope the car driver was ticketed for improper lane change, reckless driving, and for being an idiot.

The bike can be fixed, but...that is also a psychological bummer. I notice you have the larger passenger floorboards on your bike. Nice touch.

I wish the best for your girlfriend.
    Thanks Miles, in my best southern voice "we gonna make it". The driver was issued a traffic citation. Luckly for us he has good insurance and my girlfriend loves the GL1800 floorboards.

Whew!

Glad that you and your GF are ok.
    Got to keep our heads on a swivel. F*^king stupid drivers.