Heat from radiator while riding warning....... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Heat from radiator while riding warning.......

I think it runs pretty cool compared to other bikes especial air cooled machines . My 2013 Vmax puts out more heat than my F6B .

Quote Originally Posted by XKnight View Post
    If you like feeling like you're in a sauna all day then Houston is the place to be.

While growing up on the west side of Houston. What used to be called Alief and now is referred to as "Da Hood" we used to say:

"In Houston you don't sweat, you condensate!"
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

I ride in shorts all summer in North Texas. As long as I keep my feet and legs behind the fairing, I do not have a problem even on 100+ degree days. I just have to remember not to use the highway pegs. Placing my feet on the outboard pegs is definitely HOT and not comfortable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Every time I read the heading of this thread I shake my head and laugh. You really didn't think this was a legitimate warning, did you? Most folks don't ride in shorts and those that do choose to ride in shorts usually understand that the hot engine and exhaust might not feel so great on their bare skin.

....ya, you should see what the clowns around here wear, I am amazed on a daily basis, flip flops shorts. no shirt , swim suits and of course we are a no helmet state...D

+1..Anyone riding in shorts in any kind of weather is just asking for trouble..Engine heat, road rash, sunburn, etc, is no real fun...I have not ridden in anything over 92+ in Michigan, but the humidity here can make it feel like well over 100 degrees and no issues on my F6B with boots and jeans...My Victory Vision used to get hotter than "hades" in traffic, but the F6B for me has no problems especially with the cooling fans....

Quote Originally Posted by olds34dude View Post
    ....ya, you should see what the clowns around here wear, I am amazed on a daily basis, flip flops shorts. no shirt , swim suits and of course we are a no helmet state...D
    Never rode without a helmit in Floridada. The blue hairs and hog chokers would try to kill me about once a week out there, besides how do you wear a head full of love bugs? Lutz, I remember with affection, it was a favorite ride of mine from Tampa.
    ss^,
    Ken