Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Harley's are beautiful machines, excellent paint, excellent chrome, and you can't beat the pride of ownership.
    ... However, I purchased a FLH in 1978 when Harley-Davidson was owned by AMF, and in 4 years I paid for it again in repairs.
    I'd love to see Harley do something bold and come out with a shaft-driven bike, maybe even a new fully water-cooled engine.

shooter
    Yeah I like them. Not for myself. My two brother in laws have them. I don't hold it against them.

Sure. They are just a different animal.
    I'm blessed to also own a 09 Street Glide. It's loaded and is about a 105 with motor work. Fun to ride and just did a 2k mile, 2 up trip in 100 + degree weather and it never missed a beat.
    Thank you brother.
    Jim
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Sure. They are just a different animal.
    I'm blessed to also own a 09 Street Glide. It's loaded and is about a 105 with motor work. Fun to ride and just did a 2k mile, 2 up trip in 100 + degree weather and it never missed a beat.
    Thank you brother.
    Jim
    Attachment 15884
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

03 Ultra

I uncovered the big dog, wiped her down, threw a leg and went to the Keys.....gone 5 days, not one hiccup!!! The cruise was great! The ride is better than my F6, different seating arrangement can't say better but different...I did have one mechanical failure. The cigarette lighter after 12 years gave up the ghost from a downpour rainstorm...replaced it already!!! The paint, well it still looks new after all these years !!!!! I posted some pic's so I would not get yelled at....John.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

+1 on the:

Bike
    Food
    Sunset
    Road Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I uncovered the big dog, wiped her down, threw a leg and went to the Keys.....gone 5 days, not one hiccup!!! The cruise was great! The ride is better than my F6, different seating arrangement can't say better but different...I did have one mechanical failure. The cigarette lighter after 12 years gave up the ghost from a downpour rainstorm...replaced it already!!! The paint, well it still looks new after all these years !!!!! I posted some pic's so I would not get yelled at....John.

Steve that 03 Ultra Peace Officer Edition looks very familar. Mine was a 2000. Took that bad boy all over the southeast.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old Ryder, yup it is an 03...never had a wrench on it for some ill.... so far items to fail would be a cigarette lighter, and the seat is looking a little worn...seat goes in the shop of 09/17 and it will be as good as new again.... maybe $250 in needed repairs in 12 years...not so bad...and it sits for months at a time!!! Brother n law, riding it, TDY from Germany last year... It may be me but sure seems like they used to build them better... But then again the LEO and Fire edition get more care in the build process...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com