Had an Electra glide standard with the 96 motor. Way too much valve train knocking and noise. Never had any problems though. Had a Vrod Muscle. Nice bike, fast and never had a problem with it. Just too stretched out for an old guy. Last Harley was a 2012 Softail Deluxe. Only problem I ever had was the rear spokes loosened up with about 1000 miles on it. Not a good feeling when your going 70 mph. Took it to Idaho a couple of times. Ran great but beat
me up pretty good because of the suspension or lack of it. I ride with a bunch of Harley guys every weekend for breakfast. When I showed up with the Honda they about died. To them it is not a GoldWing. They call it an OldWing and
even all bought shirts with the Honda logo that reads OLDWING across the front. They give me a lot of grief about having a Goldwing F6B but are always looking at it and sitting on it. They realized the first time we rode that they couldn't keep up with it either. I tell them every week how great they are----for Harley riders. We have a good time.