Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
Ah yes the $16500, Liquid cooled H-D with engine designed by Porch, it ain't no air cooled V-twin, tractor engine that one thinks of when H-D is mentioned, quick, fast and what H-D drag races, uncomfortable as hell stock IMHO.
That is a fine looking steed you had there
That's correct! It was definitely uncomfortable stock. I have raised handlebars 2.5" and it's pulled back 2.5", seat is Rusell Day Long which also changed the seating position adding more leg room and reducing reach to bars. Fairing did great job at air management as well as Baker Air Wings lowers. Had a throttle lock. Bags were a good size and waterproof. Not much room for passenger but I ride solo so no problem.

I was very disappointed that HD didn't yet put this awesome engine, transmission and frame into a touring oriented bike. They would have sold a bunch, probably mostly to Non-HD customers, which would have been great for the brand. Seems like they are very afraid to loose their core customers by trying a different direction.

Maybe most people are not aware but HD has been collaborating with Porsche for their engine designs for a long time. Remember HD Nova, a V4 engined concept bike? HD seriously considered at the time to continue in this direction instead of V Twin. This engine was designed by Porsche as well. In fact, the reason they didn't switch to V4 was money. It was cheaper to continue with V Twin they already had than to change. Also, HD turned to Porsche yet again for help in designing the old tried and true Evo 80 inch engine. And again, Porsche and HD worked together on designing the Twin Cam engine as well. So, this has indeed been a long time business relationship.

VRod engine was probably completely designed by Porsche. Not sure if everyone knows, but VRod has metric bolts on the engine and some other parts, but not all.

I bought it to ride while staying in Florida. My HD Road King Classic at the time was throwing way to much heat on my legs during Florida's summer. I thought water cooled engine should do better, and I was right. Also, very little vibration on VRSCF. And the stock slipper clutch made for easy take offs.

I have recently switched to Victory Cross Country and I love it. It fits me great, handles wonderful and is very comfortable. The price was amazing I just couldn't turn it down and bike is like new, only had 1,300 miles when I bought it. I do like cruisers a lot.

20150616_073834.jpg