Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My Harley riding buddy who purchased a 2015 Ultra something or other who razzes me all the time about having a more valuable superior machine (His words not mine) to my F6B. In the name of friendship I just smile...He went into his garage to get on his Harley to go to work today only to find a 14" diameter puddle of oil under it on the primary side.. We are talking this issue before the first service.... The dealer is coming to get it tomorrow to see whats wrong with it.. I'm sure they will fix it....

Hum lets see 2013 F6BD $18,400 out the door 19,000 miles only scheduled maintenance.Good for 250,000 miles or more, so quick it never fails to make you smile. 2015 HD Ultra Some thing or other $34,000 out the door. This I know cause I was there when he signed the papers, less than 5000 miles pissing oil on the floor..Can't keep up with me if I don't allow him to.. You decide......................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    My Harley riding buddy who purchased a 2015 Ultra something or other who razzes me all the time about having a more valuable superior machine (His words not mine) to my F6B. In the name of friendship I just smile...He went into his garage to get on his Harley to go to work today only to find a 14" diameter puddle of oil under it on the primary side.. We are talking this issue before the first service.... The dealer is coming to get it tomorrow to see whats wrong with it.. I'm sure they will fix it....

Hum lets see 2013 F6BD $18,400 out the door 19,000 miles only scheduled maintenance.Good for 250,000 miles or more, so quick it never fails to make you smile. 2015 HD Ultra Some thing or other $34,000 out the door. This I know cause I was there when he signed the papers, less than 5000 miles pissing oil on the floor..Can't keep up with me if I don't allow him to.. You decide......................Dickie
    Yeah, but they sure are purty... If I was only buying based on looks alone:

Attachment 15904

2016 HD Softail Slim S

So what if it pees on the floor more often than your dog ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Marking their territory-just like the dog!!

Neighbor down the road from me bought a 2014 Ultra Classic HD last summer from a local dealer..Says he paid about $26,500 o-t-d and feels he got a great bike/deal..Thing is now back to dealer for the 4th time for warranty claims, from oil leaks, coolant leaks, etc. etc. and now the transmission is "goofed"....What a deal!!!!.....NO thanks Mr. Davidson and Co........

Transmission problems was the reason I gave up my 09 Road Glide. 69000 miles but the trans. broke the same bearing 3 times. poor design and HD knows it. I feel for your friend. Been there.

Man for every 1 harley that I hear with no problems. I hear 5 stories of oil leaks tranny prob. Elec problems. Somebody slap me for wanting to get another road glide. Makes me wonder if the ones that aren't having problems are really true. Think I better start adding mods to make my f6 more tall guy friendly

Gotta tell ya's... when I was contemplating a new bike; the contenders were the F6B and either a new HD Street Glide or Road Glide.

Never ever owned nor even rode a Harley Davidson before. So I thoroughly investigated them. For weeks.

So many complaints about Harley's on the web; and that was just for the new ones. No thanks. Went with the Honda. Almost zero complaints; and those complaints were about the new water based soft paint.

Went with Matte silver. No complaints here.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

The only thing I have to say about them

Is why would I spend that much money to go that slow! Enough said.