Do any of you like Harley Davidson....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool

Dusted off the Ultra last night, filled the tires...headed to the Keys Sunday AM !!! Ya cruise!!!

55K and it has never been the shop !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I have pushed a Harley farther than most people have ridden one.
    So to answer the question.
    HELL NO!

Doug

My last Harley was a lemon. I've ridden Harley for 30 years.Its a different breed altogether.Harley has world class customer service with customer lounges for waiting for service to be completed.When getting issues serviced the Warranty covers 99% of everything.No denial no arguing, they fix it.When using the extended warranty you pay $50 bucks and the rest is covered always. I bought the F6B because its the first Honda that I didn't find butt ugly. It had a dependable proven motor and I wanted dependability. Its was the best choice for the money.Way more for way less.I thought at the time.That being said I've found Honda's dealerships and service sucks. They deny and won't fix squat under warranty.Then I got the 40 mph wobble they said the tire was bad that I need another.I had to pay for it. They tightened the bearings charged me $140 bucks labor to do it. Also not under warranty.I rode away with the same wobble that I still have today.After much research, I purchased all Balls tapered neck bearings to fix the problem. The dealer says if they install them I'll have to pay for the labor plus it will VOID my warranty...Now the tire They made me buy has 2000 miles on it the dealer is saying its bad, that's why I have the wobble. I've found out that the dealer's will never admit that Honda puts out Gold Wings with 40 mph wobble, yet its been happening for years. I wasted my money purchasing the extended warranty, I doubt Its worth the paper its written on. I now dread going to the dealer because I know its going to cost me money and it will be a big augment..Honda needs to address this problem. Lol, if you take it to Champions Honda They keep it four days and when you go expecting it to be ready you find they haven't gotten to it and forgot to notify you..What a joke.............Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    My last Harley was a lemon. I've ridden Harley for 30 years.Its a different breed altogether.Harley has world class customer service with customer lounges for waiting for service to be completed.When getting issues serviced the Warranty covers 99% of everything.No denial no arguing, they fix it.When using the extended warranty you pay $50 bucks and the rest is covered always. I bought the F6B because its the first Honda that I didn't find butt ugly. It had a dependable proven motor and I wanted dependability. Its was the best choice for the money.Way more for way less.I thought at the time.That being said I've found Honda's dealerships and service sucks. They deny and won't fix squat under warranty.Then I got the 40 mph wobble they said the tire was bad that I need another.I had to pay for it. They tightened the bearings charged me $140 bucks labor to do it. Also not under warranty.I rode away with the same wobble that I still have today.After much research, I purchased all Balls tapered neck bearings to fix the problem. The dealer says if they install them I'll have to pay for the labor plus it will VOID my warranty...Now the tire They made me buy has 2000 miles on it the dealer is saying its bad, that's why I have the wobble. I've found out that the dealer's will never admit that Honda puts out Gold Wings with 40 mph wobble, yet its been happening for years. I wasted my money purchasing the extended warranty, I doubt Its worth the paper its written on. I now dread going to the dealer because I know its going to cost me money and it will be a big augment..Honda needs to address this problem. Lol, if you take it to Champions Honda They keep it four days and when you go expecting it to be ready you find they haven't gotten to it and forgot to notify you..What a joke.............Dickie
    Attachment 15735.........Would Honda do this?........................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by hardtail View Post
    Only Harley i haven't owned is a knucklehead. New ones are OK(6 speed trans will not hold up) but the Motor company has become arrogant and dealers are impossible. Have 2 shovelheads and a 74'' sporty motor in a hardtail frame that is my daily transportation. Can buy everything for these after market-no HD. Trade in price is why I have the F6B now. 09 Roadglide broke(3 times) so I traded. Love the sound of a shovelhead. HD not as dependable as they should be for the money. The China/India thing is not good. HD shunned "outlaws" in the past but now wants to make millions selling the "lifestyle". Phoney. Still like shovels. JMO
    Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    Attachment 15735.........Would Honda do this?........................Dickie
    Honda is still pissed off about the Hiroshima think 73 years ago.

I never had the engine problems others seem to have. I did have to deal with the MM EFI from the early years to Fuel Injection. They are a nightmare. I just wanted out of the whole V Twin thing.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Honda is still pissed off about the Hiroshima think 73 years ago.
    I would have to say I would be surprised if some Honda dealers did this also.
    Typical.
    Harley guys making a big flippin deal because 1 dealer for Harley did something positive.
    Well supposedly they did it.
    Who knows for sure?
    It was a Facebook post for crying out loud.
    I ride with Harley guys and they complain all the time about the service departments at the Harley clothing stores that have a few Harleys in them for sale.(that is all of what Harley dealers are anymore).

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    I would have to say I would be surprised if some Honda dealers did this also.
    Typical.
    Harley guys making a big flippin deal because 1 dealer for Harley did something positive.
    Well supposedly they did it.
    Who knows for sure?
    It was a Facebook post for crying out loud.
    I ride with Harley guys and they complain all the time about the service departments at the Harley clothing stores that have a few Harleys in them for sale.(that is all of what Harley dealers are anymore).

Doug
    Doug, you are truly a Harley hater, do you hate Victorys and Indians too, or is just a V Twin thing. I have met a lot of good people when I was riding Harleys, also some unsavory ones too. Harley supports many charitys. I don't understand why you have such a bad taste in your mouth about Harley Davidson.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Doug, you are truly a Harley hater, do you hate Victorys and Indians too, or is just a V Twin thing. I have met a lot of good people when I was riding Harleys, also some unsavory ones too. Harley supports many charitys. I don't understand why you have such a bad taste in your mouth about Harley Davidson.
    You are correct.
    I am a Harley hater.

"do you hate Victorys and Indians too,"

I have no opinion on Victorys or Indians because I never owned either of those brands.
    Therefore,I never had to work on,push one for miles or take one in for constant repairs.

"or is it a V Twin thing."

Incase you didn't know,Victorys and Indians are also V Twins.
    Harley is not the only V Twin engine.
    Moto Guzzi is a V Twin also,just put in sideways.

"I don't understand why you have such a bad taste in your mouth about Harley Davidson."

Because I did nothing but work on,push for miles or run back and forth to the dealer for repairs when I owned (3) of them.

"Harley supports many charitys"

So what?
    You make it sound like other manufacturers don't?

Here is my opinion.
    Harley Davidson is more about a created image than it is a quality motorcycle builder.
    Go into a Harley shop and what is it mostly about?
    T shirts,leathers,gifts like mugs,etc. and accessories.

Then their are the posers.
    That would take up too much of my time.

In conclusion..

Ride what you want.

Ride with who you want.
    That is your choice.

I don't condemn someone for buying one just because I won't.
    For the record..
    I ride almost every trip I go on with Harley guys.
    They give me more crap about my "Jap" bike than I ever have to them about their Harleys.
    They also know exactly how I feel about Harleys.
    They ride with me because of me.
    Not because of what brand I ride.
    They are not posers.
    They ride 400-600 mile day rides for lunch.
    They also put on about 15,000 to 20,000 miles a year on one.
    They a religious about maintanance.
    I respect them for that.
    They all have told me they expect to trade them about every 2-3 years so they don't care about warranties or breakdowns.

By the way,if you think they are so wonderful,then why did you buy a F6B?

Doug

I actually mixed sound for him at the Iron Horse a few years back.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce