Do any of you like Harley Davidson.... - Page 11
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

Greg O

Anything done for veterans is a great thing. I applaud this dealer for any effort in that capacity. Would be nice if all dealers would do this!!

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    HUH? Something doesn't smell right. If you spent $4k on an 80 incher, you should have had a big bore kit (a 95"). Cams, pipes and headwork don't cost $4k with labor. Add in a big bore kit, you can get there. If you spent 4k and ended up with 80", someone robbed you.
    First off the bike started off as a 80 inch EVO motor. The motor was pulled and the cases were split and bored and stroked with a new cam, because evo's don't have 2 cams. There were no kits back in the 90's and it had new heads carb intake and exhaust and it was 4 grand with all the machining and assembly. My last bike was a twin cam and ran flawlessly, but do to back problems I had to sell it. What bothers me is people slamming people who ride Harleys and people who ride other bikes. We are all cyclist whether we dress like a pirate or a stunt rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    Doug, you are truly a Harley hater, do you hate Victorys and Indians too, or is just a V Twin thing. I have met a lot of good people when I was riding Harleys, also some unsavory ones too. Harley supports many charitys. I don't understand why you have such a bad taste in your mouth about Harley Davidson.
    You are correct.
    I am a Harley hater.

"do you hate Victorys and Indians too,"

I have no opinion on Victorys or Indians because I never owned either of those brands.
    Therefore,I never had to work on,push one for miles or take one in for constant repairs.

"or is it a V Twin thing."

Incase you didn't know,Victorys and Indians are also V Twins.
    Harley is not the only V Twin engine.
    Moto Guzzi is a V Twin also,just put in sideways.

"I don't understand why you have such a bad taste in your mouth about Harley Davidson."

Because I did nothing but work on,push for miles or run back and forth to the dealer for repairs when I owned (3) of them.

"Harley supports many charitys"

So what?
    You make it sound like other manufacturers don't?

Here is my opinion.
    Harley Davidson is more about a created image than it is a quality motorcycle builder.
    Go into a Harley shop and what is it mostly about?
    T shirts,leathers,gifts like mugs,etc. and accessories.

Then their are the posers.
    That would take up too much of my time.

In conclusion..

Ride what you want.

Ride with who you want.
    That is your choice.

I don't condemn someone for buying one just because I won't.
    For the record..
    I ride almost every trip I go on with Harley guys.
    They give me more crap about my "Jap" bike than I ever have to them about their Harleys.
    They also know exactly how I feel about Harleys.
    They ride with me because of me.
    Not because of what brand I ride.
    They are not posers.
    They ride 400-600 mile day rides for lunch.
    They also put on about 15,000 to 20,000 miles a year on one.
    They a religious about maintanance.
    I respect them for that.
    They all have told me they expect to trade them about every 2-3 years so they don't care about warranties or breakdowns.

By the way,if you think they are so wonderful,then why did you buy a F6B?

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by flat6bagger View Post
    You are correct.
    I am a Harley hater.

"do you hate Victorys and Indians too,"

I have no opinion on Victorys or Indians because I never owned either of those brands.
    Therefore,I never had to work on,push one for miles or take one in for constant repairs.

"or is it a V Twin thing."

Incase you didn't know,Victorys and Indians are also V Twins.
    Harley is not the only V Twin engine.
    Moto Guzzi is a V Twin also,just put in sideways.

"I don't understand why you have such a bad taste in your mouth about Harley Davidson."

Because I did nothing but work on,push for miles or run back and forth to the dealer for repairs when I owned (3) of them.

"Harley supports many charitys"

So what?
    You make it sound like other manufacturers don't?

Here is my opinion.
    Harley Davidson is more about a created image than it is a quality motorcycle builder.
    Go into a Harley shop and what is it mostly about?
    T shirts,leathers,gifts like mugs,etc. and accessories.

Then their are the posers.
    That would take up too much of my time.

In conclusion..

Ride what you want.

Ride with who you want.
    That is your choice.

I don't condemn someone for buying one just because I won't.
    For the record..
    I ride almost every trip I go on with Harley guys.
    They give me more crap about my "Jap" bike than I ever have to them about their Harleys.
    They also know exactly how I feel about Harleys.
    They ride with me because of me.
    Not because of what brand I ride.
    They are not posers.
    They ride 400-600 mile day rides for lunch.
    They also put on about 15,000 to 20,000 miles a year on one.
    They a religious about maintanance.
    I respect them for that.
    They all have told me they expect to trade them about every 2-3 years so they don't care about warranties or breakdowns.

By the way,if you think they are so wonderful,then why did you buy a F6B?

Doug
    I have rode many different manufacturers of bikes, I chose the Honda Goldwing F6B because I new I could no longer ride a Harley due to the vibration. I wanted to try riding again and did not want to throw down 25 grand to find out it bothers my back. I could have bought any bike I wanted. I like the ride of Honda and I do miss my Harley like a lot of people on this forum. But after hearing all the negative comments on the Honda dealership service competency, I sure hope the bike is as reliable as their cars. I would also ride with anybody that had a bike as long as they rode safe, didn't matter what type bike they rode. No Harley snob here. Harleys did suck in the 70's and 80's but from the 90's on they make good bikes but they do require more maintenance than a Honda.

shooter
    Greg I don't like Harleys either. Now I don't care how many you own. Personally $25,000 plus for a slow azz machine is too much for me. I demand performance for my money. You know Greg , this is the thing. This is an F6B forum. Around here the F6B is King. A lot of us own other bikes. I have an extremely nice M109R. However you don't hear me extolling its virtues on here. I may mention it in reference , but , around here the F6B is King. That's why its called the F6B Forum. Don't expect very many guys to climb on the HD train on this forum. You will have to go to an HD forum to find that. I have two Brother in laws that ride HD's. Without a doubt my two best friends. We just agree to disagree. When we all ride together we are just family. They know I'm never gonna ride a HD. They always ask me to lead , out of respect. I'm the oldest. They never try to go around either. We settled that a long time ago. No Greg , guys like Doug can hate a HD if they want. This is a Honda site. Dedicated to the F6B. If you love Harleys that much they have forums of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Greg I don't like Harleys either. Now I don't care how many you own. Personally $25,000 plus for a slow azz machine is too much for me. I demand performance for my money. You know Greg , this is the thing. This is an F6B forum. Around here the F6B is King. A lot of us own other bikes. I have an extremely nice M109R. However you don't hear me extolling its virtues on here. I may mention it in reference , but , around here the F6B is King. That's why its called the F6B Forum. Don't expect very many guys to climb on the HD train on this forum. You will have to go to an HD forum to find that. I have two Brother in laws that ride HD's. Without a doubt my two best friends. We just agree to disagree. When we all ride together we are just family. They know I'm never gonna ride a HD. They always ask me to lead , out of respect. I'm the oldest. They never try to go around either. We settled that a long time ago. No Greg , guys like Doug can hate a HD if they want. This is a Honda site. Dedicated to the F6B. If you love Harleys that much they have forums of their own.
    I also own A F6B and love how it performs or I would not have bought it. I have learned a lot on this forum and enjoy reading everyone's take on different things. I did not start this thread, I am only responding to comments made in this thread, because I have had many years of experience riding Harleys. I also feel Honda gives you the most bang for the buck, but there is still something in my heart for a Harley, and now it's time for me to move on from this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ED209 View Post
    David Allen Coe and myself are 100% in agreement here. This is why I am now riding a Honda Goldwing F6B. The new Harleys are just that as he says.... If it aint a Shovel. Pan or older than it aint a Harley. I'd rather build an S&S with a 4 speed Baker.

They drink the koolaide and the old timers just laugh and mock, they don't even know cause theyre sloshed on beer and koolaide
    This is just another version of the Harley snobbery... complaining about yuppies buying Harleys and how they are just "weekend riders." In other words, "you don't belong in my club." Eff that baloney, I don't look down my nose at anybody who rides. Sometimes I get mad at people who put themselves and others in unnecessary danger because they underdress and/or ride past their limits, but I don't judge based upon what you ride, or how often you ride, or how much or how little you spent on your bike. What's the point?

I actually mixed sound for him at the Iron Horse a few years back.....
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

The one bike I still wish I had.........

I traded it for an Ultra Classic. I could fix anything on it with basic tools. EVO with high compression heads, Andrews cam, etc.....It sat in a barn in Georgia for years after the owner died covered in dirt and was about 85% restored when I traded it. It was not comfortable with the hard mounted engine and I would have to work on something every 1K miles and if I could only have one bike, this would NOT be it, but I sure would love to have it back to ride as a noveltyAttachment 15805Attachment 15804Attachment 15803Attachment 15802. BTW---- yes that is 20 year old paint!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    First off the bike started off as a 80 inch EVO motor. The motor was pulled and the cases were split and bored and stroked with a new cam, because evo's don't have 2 cams. There were no kits back in the 90's and it had new heads carb intake and exhaust and it was 4 grand with all the machining and assembly. My last bike was a twin cam and ran flawlessly, but do to back problems I had to sell it. What bothers me is people slamming people who ride Harleys and people who ride other bikes. We are all cyclist whether we dress like a pirate or a stunt rider.
    Thanks. How many cubes did you end up with after bore/stroke? 95?