Do any of you like Harley Davidson.... - Page 12
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

Quote Originally Posted by motozeke View Post
    This is just another version of the Harley snobbery... complaining about yuppies buying Harleys and how they are just "weekend riders." In other words, "you don't belong in my club." Eff that baloney, I don't look down my nose at anybody who rides. Sometimes I get mad at people who put themselves and others in unnecessary danger because they underdress and/or ride past their limits, but I don't judge based upon what you ride, or how often you ride, or how much or how little you spent on your bike. What's the point?
    Can anyone explain why anybody should give a flying **** what D.A.C. thinks about new vs. old Harleys or anything else for that matter? His opinion is his opinion. Personally, I don't care.

Yes, stock Lowrider. Didn't burn any appreciable oil. Some on this board claim (or mistakenly think) Harley will explode if you ride them long and hard. Mine didn't. Sold it with 41,000 on the odometer, and it was still running great.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Thanks. How many cubes did you end up with after bore/stroke? 95?
    I don't recall you cant bore evo's too much, not enough material, but you can stroke them with new crank and heads. 84 or 86 comes to mind but I honestly can't remember it was back in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Thanks. How many cubes did you end up with after bore/stroke? 95?
    The F6B will eat up and spit out any Harley I have ever owned, and do it as smooth as silk.

my experiences...

New rider, started late in life, currently ride a BMW but looking at a F6B as long haul cruiser.

But I ride a lot, with lots of other makes of bikes. One observation: the only bikes to fail on a ride have been Harleys. The problems are usually electrical in nature. Probably 6-8 failures on 100 or so rides.

So yeah, that's my $0.02 worth.

First, to answer the question, yes I like Harleys.
    Now for an observation, Harley has amazing presence in the market place. I have never visited a non Harley bike forum that has not had threads of this genre, or at least had Harley as its topic, simply amazing.
    Will I ever buy another one, well never say never, but I really don't think so.

There are only two reasons why someone would post anything about a Harley on a non Harley forum that I can think of.

1) To stir up sh!t

2) Because they are bored and have a lot of time to kill while they are waiting for either another piece of chrome to be installed or something fixed while at their Harley Gods temple.(dealership)

For whatever reason it is BS.
    Then again,what do you expect from someone who will spend $35,000-45,000 for an outdated technological turd of a motorcycle,wears full leathers,gloves,boots and a bandanna as a helmet in 100+ heat.
    Now I am done with this subject.
    I have a headache from just thinking about this crap.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I don't recall you cant bore evo's too much, not enough material, but you can stroke them with new crank and heads. 84 or 86 comes to mind but I honestly can't remember it was back in the 90's.

With the stock flywheel I believe you can get to 84" with stock cylinders and 88" with sleeved cylinders.

Now it's my turn to stir the pot. I don't think anyone is singing the praises of harley. People just responded to a thread and answered the question " do any of you like Harley Davidson "

Personally I like the looks and sound of a harley. I have owned Japanese V twins and put loud exhausts on them and sorry die hards but Harley's sound so much better. And the japs have been copying the look of harley since I was in high school and my dad brought home this 1988 Honda vt1100. Damn good bike but imatated a softtail. Are Harley's the best? Who knows!! Are Hondas the best? Who knows. Honestly I could really give two shits about what joe blow rides or how he dresses or any of that stuff. Ride what your wallet says you can ride. Your cool in my eyes even if ya ride a Vespa.

Yes I like Harley Davidson to re answer the question. Even though my 13 roadglide was the biggest pile of crap ever assembled in the U.S

And yes even though I'm having some fitment issue with the f6. It's a awesome bike and I enjoy spanking those stunningly good looking harleys

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D View Post
    Now it's my turn to stir the pot. I don't think anyone is singing the praises of harley. People just responded to a thread and answered the question " do any of you like Harley Davidson "

Personally I like the looks and sound of a harley. I have owned Japanese V twins and put loud exhausts on them and sorry die hards but Harley's sound so much better. And the japs have been copying the look of harley since I was in high school and my dad brought home this 1988 Honda vt1100. Damn good bike but imatated a softtail. Are Harley's the best? Who knows!! Are Hondas the best? Who knows. Honestly I could really give two shits about what joe blow rides or how he dresses or any of that stuff. Ride what your wallet says you can ride. Your cool in my eyes even if ya ride a Vespa.

Yes I like Harley Davidson to re answer the question. Even though my 13 roadglide was the biggest pile of crap ever assembled in the U.S

And yes even though I'm having some fitment issue with the f6. It's a awesome bike and I enjoy spanking those stunningly good looking harleys

If you look real close at this picture, you can see the Valkyrie Interstate in the garage. While they are different, it is possible to like Harley and Honda and they can peacefully share a garage. For a little while at least. IMG_2980.jpg

BTW---Since I got the B, one of the bikes left on my VERY SHORT BUCKET LIST is and EVO Heritage Springer. again, it would be a novelty and not a primary.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]