Do any of you like Harley Davidson.... - Page 13
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

[QUOTE=Old Ryder;92188] While they are different, it is possible to like Harley and Honda and they can peacefully share a garage.

+1 I can love the smooth powerful engine in the F6B and still appreciate the raucous thrashing of the Harley. Each scratches a different itch.

fl1madmax

Always have a Back up Harley. !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    If you look real close at this picture, you can see the Valkyrie Interstate in the garage. While they are different, it is possible to like Harley and Honda and they can peacefully share a garage. For a little while at least. Attachment 15827

BTW---Since I got the B, one of the bikes left on my VERY SHORT BUCKET LIST is and EVO Heritage Springer. again, it would be a novelty and not a primary.
    Some times ya just need to ride something different, I have a 2013 Harley Dyna Low Rider, 103, Light, Fast ( for a twin ) and looks good, Pipes and you set to go, but when I want to do 300-400 miles a day I'm on F6B, with Ultimate seat, , when I need a RUSH, beyond the Honda I'm on my Z1000
    Kaw, still cant do first 3 gears to Red Line, just freaks me out, 105mph in third !!!!! have to shift and it still wants to rip my hands off handle bars.......
    One for Speed, one for Bar hoping, and F6B is my favorite, riding thru the mountains of NE Ga. AUH !!!!!!!!! The Thrill

Harley...I tried

I had an old hardtail panhead years ago, and threaten to sell my Yamaha 920 Virago and Panhead, then buy a Heritage softail in the late 80s, but just couldn't do it knowing that engine was solid mounted to the frame (bad for comfort and durability). Now days I think most of them are soft mounted, but the other manufactures have really nice large options to choose from, and mainly due to the extra heavy weight, and awful clutch pack design on the left of the transmission, I still at least a couple issues away from choosing a Harley brand bike. My last choice was the Yamaha Stratoliner 1900.

I do but...

I have been riding HD for 20 years, and yes, I like them but when discovered the f6b...my heart changed.

its impossible for me to dislike my Harley....

Attachment 15876
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Sure. They are just a different animal.
    I'm blessed to also own a 09 Street Glide. It's loaded and is about a 105 with motor work. Fun to ride and just did a 2k mile, 2 up trip in 100 + degree weather and it never missed a beat.
    Thank you brother.
    Jim
    Attachment 15884
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

03 Ultra

I uncovered the big dog, wiped her down, threw a leg and went to the Keys.....gone 5 days, not one hiccup!!! The cruise was great! The ride is better than my F6, different seating arrangement can't say better but different...I did have one mechanical failure. The cigarette lighter after 12 years gave up the ghost from a downpour rainstorm...replaced it already!!! The paint, well it still looks new after all these years !!!!! I posted some pic's so I would not get yelled at....John.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

+1 on the:

Bike
    Food
    Sunset
    Road Trip

My Harley riding buddy who purchased a 2015 Ultra something or other who razzes me all the time about having a more valuable superior machine (His words not mine) to my F6B. In the name of friendship I just smile...He went into his garage to get on his Harley to go to work today only to find a 14" diameter puddle of oil under it on the primary side.. We are talking this issue before the first service.... The dealer is coming to get it tomorrow to see whats wrong with it.. I'm sure they will fix it....

Hum lets see 2013 F6BD $18,400 out the door 19,000 miles only scheduled maintenance.Good for 250,000 miles or more, so quick it never fails to make you smile. 2015 HD Ultra Some thing or other $34,000 out the door. This I know cause I was there when he signed the papers, less than 5000 miles pissing oil on the floor..Can't keep up with me if I don't allow him to.. You decide......................Dickie
    " A Gun Is Like A Parachute.If You Need One, And Don't Have One, You'll Probably Never Need One Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by dickiedeals View Post
    My Harley riding buddy who purchased a 2015 Ultra something or other who razzes me all the time about having a more valuable superior machine (His words not mine) to my F6B. In the name of friendship I just smile...He went into his garage to get on his Harley to go to work today only to find a 14" diameter puddle of oil under it on the primary side.. We are talking this issue before the first service.... The dealer is coming to get it tomorrow to see whats wrong with it.. I'm sure they will fix it....

Hum lets see 2013 F6BD $18,400 out the door 19,000 miles only scheduled maintenance.Good for 250,000 miles or more, so quick it never fails to make you smile. 2015 HD Ultra Some thing or other $34,000 out the door. This I know cause I was there when he signed the papers, less than 5000 miles pissing oil on the floor..Can't keep up with me if I don't allow him to.. You decide......................Dickie
    Yeah, but they sure are purty... If I was only buying based on looks alone:

Attachment 15904

2016 HD Softail Slim S

So what if it pees on the floor more often than your dog ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Marking their territory-just like the dog!!