Do any of you like Harley Davidson.... - Page 14
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

Neighbor down the road from me bought a 2014 Ultra Classic HD last summer from a local dealer..Says he paid about $26,500 o-t-d and feels he got a great bike/deal..Thing is now back to dealer for the 4th time for warranty claims, from oil leaks, coolant leaks, etc. etc. and now the transmission is "goofed"....What a deal!!!!.....NO thanks Mr. Davidson and Co........

Transmission problems was the reason I gave up my 09 Road Glide. 69000 miles but the trans. broke the same bearing 3 times. poor design and HD knows it. I feel for your friend. Been there.

Man for every 1 harley that I hear with no problems. I hear 5 stories of oil leaks tranny prob. Elec problems. Somebody slap me for wanting to get another road glide. Makes me wonder if the ones that aren't having problems are really true. Think I better start adding mods to make my f6 more tall guy friendly

Gotta tell ya's... when I was contemplating a new bike; the contenders were the F6B and either a new HD Street Glide or Road Glide.

Never ever owned nor even rode a Harley Davidson before. So I thoroughly investigated them. For weeks.

So many complaints about Harley's on the web; and that was just for the new ones. No thanks. Went with the Honda. Almost zero complaints; and those complaints were about the new water based soft paint.

Went with Matte silver. No complaints here.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

The only thing I have to say about them

Is why would I spend that much money to go that slow! Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I uncovered the big dog, wiped her down, threw a leg and went to the Keys.....gone 5 days, not one hiccup!!! The cruise was great! The ride is better than my F6, different seating arrangement can't say better but different...I did have one mechanical failure. The cigarette lighter after 12 years gave up the ghost from a downpour rainstorm...replaced it already!!! The paint, well it still looks new after all these years !!!!! I posted some pic's so I would not get yelled at....John.

Steve that 03 Ultra Peace Officer Edition looks very familar. Mine was a 2000. Took that bad boy all over the southeast.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old Ryder, yup it is an 03...never had a wrench on it for some ill.... so far items to fail would be a cigarette lighter, and the seat is looking a little worn...seat goes in the shop of 09/17 and it will be as good as new again.... maybe $250 in needed repairs in 12 years...not so bad...and it sits for months at a time!!! Brother n law, riding it, TDY from Germany last year... It may be me but sure seems like they used to build them better... But then again the LEO and Fire edition get more care in the build process...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Posted this in another thread..

I thought I loved my F6B until last night.

Finally ran up against a fast HD, we went at it from a 30 mph roll. I led him until fourth gear when he caught me and pulled ahead by about 15 feet, we both hit 5th and there we stayed, 15 feet apart to 116 mph when he let off so I did as well. Neither of us were gaining or losing an inch.

Repeated the test once more with exactly the same result. He thought he was letting up at 120.

I am now MADLY in love with this thing. A stone stock F6B, all 800 lbs plus of factory bagger, losing by 15 feet to an after-market 131" Jims V-twin stuffed into a heritage soft tail. A $12,000 upgrade with labor.

My God! I thought that beast would just leave me in the dust. But the humble 6 just hung right there with it.

AMAZING!

And the witness, a 2007 110" CVO was so far behind he couldn't tell who was leading who and absolutely amazed that the 131" didn't run away and hide from me!

I like certain HD's!

Well, I have recently sold my HD that was absolutely faster than my F6B. Stock. It handled great, too. People forget that HD has been making this bike for 15 years now and still does.

20150519_095621.jpgAttachment 16026Attachment 16027Attachment 16028Attachment 16029

It is a 2009 HD VROD MUSCLE VRSCF. Of course it is highly customized but that was the fun part. I was able to correct the only shortcoming of the bike, the ergonomics. It was all day comfortable to me. Very reliable, I would say the best bike HD builts.

I rode it for a few years and sold it with over 30,000 miles on it. Just felt it was time to move on. Awesome bike.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    Well, I have recently sold my HD that was absolutely faster than my F6B. Stock. It handled great, too. People forget that HD has been making this bike for 15 years now and still does.

Attachment 16025Attachment 16026Attachment 16027Attachment 16028Attachment 16029

It is a 2009 HD VROD MUSCLE VRSCF. Of course it is highly customized but that was the fun part. I was able to correct the only shortcoming of the bike, the ergonomics. It was all day comfortable to me. Very reliable, I would say the best bike HD builts.

I rode it for a few years and sold it with over 30,000 miles on it. Just felt it was time to move on. Awesome bike.
    Ah yes the $16500, Liquid cooled H-D with engine designed by Porch, it ain't no air cooled V-twin, tractor engine that one thinks of when H-D is mentioned, quick, fast and what H-D drag races, uncomfortable as hell stock IMHO.
    That is a fine looking steed you had there

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/