Do any of you like Harley Davidson.... - Page 16
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

I have an 07 Fatboy which I will keep alongside the F6B. My fatboy has had a bit of engine work done to it. It is pretty darn powerful in its own right. Im not sure which is faster! I do like the Fatboy as its loud and powerful but it is never great on any type of long rides or when I want to fly down a highway at 75 or 80 to get somewhere. Then it has buffeting and lots of vibration. I love this 2013 F6B I just picked up. Its Fast, sounds great (vance and hines monsters?), smooth as silk, handles like a giant sportbike. I had a honda cbr600 and a triumph street triple ,both very very fast and i was speeding like a maniac so I sold them to break the dangerous habit of going 100+ every time I got on them. Love this new bike!!! What a pleasure cruizing at 75 with no vibration at all. Harley will be sitting till summer but ill use the F6B till they salt the roads ,then it gets put away!

I have a 2008 Road King Classic. One of the best bikes I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    No, I tired to think about this many of times and still I hate Harley's! I guess the main reason would be that every Harley rider thinks they are riding the best bike in the world and you can't tell them otherwise.
    When you have made a massive financial mistake; regarding the purchase of an inferior motorcycle, you tend to cover that up with false admiration and affirmation; lest you lose face over it.

Finding consolation within the rest of the thundering herd brings comfort; for misery loves company.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    When you have made a massive financial mistake; regarding the purchase of an inferior motorcycle, you tend to cover that up with false admiration and affirmation; lest you lose face over it.

Finding consolation within the rest of the thundering herd brings comfort; for misery loves company.
    NOW THAT IS FUNNY. Even though I have owned a Harley, and love the sound, I love my F6B and wouldn't trade it for another Harley.

49 harley

last Harley I rode was a 1949. IT had a suicide clutch and a hand shifter.that was in 1965.looking at Harleys today it does not seem like much has changed,but I suppose that's the appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post

You are right on my friend!!!...Talking to an HD rider about trying another motorcycle is like trying to "poke hot butter up a wildcats ass".......It just don't work.....I guess ignorance is bliss!!!....Ride safe

Harley-Davidson NEVER

I was about to test ride a Dyna-Glide in the 1990's. Went to the Dealer in Seattle. The salesman pushed it outside for me and gave instructions on "how to ride it." He tried to start it, it only ran for about a half minute and then the HD emblem fell off the gas tank. The engine died and he could not start it again. The bike was pushed back into the store.....I was not impressed. Too many friends with Harleys have had continued problems. I don't want to be another statistic. I will not own one.

shooter
    I honestly don't have a problem with them. I don't own one so that's why. Two of my brother in laws have them. When we ride together they know they can't run with me. One of them has stage two squawking chicken. Whatever that is. All I know is the chicken can't fly like the Wing. They make fun of my Honda but they never try to pass and they always ask me to lead. They respect the Wing.

Really don't have anything against Harley's as most of the guys I tend to ride with when I do a group ride have Harley's.My next door neighbor has a early model Dyna Glide with over 100K on it.Now it is burning a little oil but really he has not had many big repairs other then normal maint and tires over the 14 years I have known him.My only gripe is the noise and why they love to make as much as they can.They always wonder why I ride way in front or back on group rides to stay away from all that racket.Other then that I say what ever floats your boat and ride safe.

Being a Harley owner for a long time, I have noticed some things

I do not hate Harleys. I am grateful to live in a place where I can choose to ride the bike of my choice and have the means to ride at all. Many people on this planet don't.

Most of my issues come from the people who ride Harleys and their attitude towards those who don't. Doesn't matter what you ride---it is the same wind in your face.

At this place in my life, the things that Honda and the B offer are what is important to me. Fifteen years ago, I loved to polish chrome and Peacock my style as all that chrome and noise dazzled the world---or so I thought it did.

Now my riding is about substance more than style--although I love to Peacock on the B, too. The less chrome, the better and the core Goldwing base is perfect for everything I want.

But--back to Harley and why people love/like them. This is what help attract me to them. The technology is very antiquated and the HD customer base wants it that way. HD is having a hard time making power and reliability with a 100 year old design and keeping the EPA happy at the same time. The EVO engine was their break through, but emissions standards killed it then they needed to change to EFI to keep up. However, there are people who like to see gears turn and the sight and distinctive sound of a lot of moving mechanical parts will mesmerize them. Then make it where they can crawl aboard and actually ride the large assembly of moving parts with it's belts/ pulleys/ gears/ tires/ spokes, etc.... Then you add a boatload of "shiney, sparkley chrome" and they view it as special. I liken it to guys who love a Mustang. Lots of gearheads would love a 68 Mustang V8. Like Harley, it is an old design that does not steer or ride as good and the performance is not even close to what the new V6 engine can produce and the seats and driving position is not really comfortable and most cars back then had the manual choke and ignition points were just not dependable at all. You car not starting was a regular event. But the original design and the V8 rumble has an attraction that is hard to match with even the newest and latest engineering. After saying all of that, go see what one of those old, undependable, bad riding and terrible handling V8 68 Mustangs sell for and why do people want them???????????? Most would say it is because they always wanted one as a teen and could not afford one then. Same could be said about Harley.

Just my 2 cents worth
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]