Do any of you like Harley Davidson.... - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

Quote Originally Posted by kjelders View Post
    I bought $21,000 worth of HD t-shirts.......and a bike came with it. My 07 Ultra was a great bike. However, the F6B is my all-time favorite.
    Now that's good stuff right there!!! ^^^
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

I like that street 750, but VRods are faster

I must say that they are beautiful bikes and no two ever look the same. I live 5 minutes from Interstate 95 and I must say that Harley’s are the only things that ride more than their owners. LOL They are always towed or in the back of a truck. I could not spend that kind of money on a bike and be afraid to ride it over a distance.

Attachment 7416

Speed Limit

Y'all have probably seen this classic ...
    Attachment 7417

Quote Originally Posted by foodog2 View Post
    I like that street 750, but VRods are faster
    and very expensive and very fast

I was and actually still am, considering a small $ cruiser and the HD Street750, Indian Scout, HD883 and Yamaha Bolt all fit the category.
    ED209 says RED is faster, you have 20 seconds to comply !

Harley

Had an Electra glide standard with the 96 motor. Way too much valve train knocking and noise. Never had any problems though. Had a Vrod Muscle. Nice bike, fast and never had a problem with it. Just too stretched out for an old guy. Last Harley was a 2012 Softail Deluxe. Only problem I ever had was the rear spokes loosened up with about 1000 miles on it. Not a good feeling when your going 70 mph. Took it to Idaho a couple of times. Ran great but beat
    me up pretty good because of the suspension or lack of it. I ride with a bunch of Harley guys every weekend for breakfast. When I showed up with the Honda they about died. To them it is not a GoldWing. They call it an OldWing and
    even all bought shirts with the Honda logo that reads OLDWING across the front. They give me a lot of grief about having a Goldwing F6B but are always looking at it and sitting on it. They realized the first time we rode that they couldn't keep up with it either. I tell them every week how great they are----for Harley riders. We have a good time.

same here

Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    Had an Electra glide standard with the 96 motor. Way too much valve train knocking and noise. Never had any problems though. Had a Vrod Muscle. Nice bike, fast and never had a problem with it. Just too stretched out for an old guy. Last Harley was a 2012 Softail Deluxe. Only problem I ever had was the rear spokes loosened up with about 1000 miles on it. Not a good feeling when your going 70 mph. Took it to Idaho a couple of times. Ran great but beat
    me up pretty good because of the suspension or lack of it. I ride with a bunch of Harley guys every weekend for breakfast. When I showed up with the Honda they about died. To them it is not a GoldWing. They call it an OldWing and
    even all bought shirts with the Honda logo that reads OLDWING across the front. They give me a lot of grief about having a Goldwing F6B but are always looking at it and sitting on it. They realized the first time we rode that they couldn't keep up with it either. I tell them every week how great they are----for Harley riders. We have a good time.
    rode an evo sportster 48k. that will toughen you up! rode the road king 110k. too much wrenching to keep it going that long. i'm with ya on the suspension, and the harley friends. i will never own another one, but like i said before i have friends & family that will always ride them, & i'm glad they enjoy them. they also know they cant keep up with me, and are more fatigued at the end of a day of good riding! they really do like my 6, they do wish they had less cost/ maintenance. to each his own!

I LOVE Harleys.
    They have made me a butt load of $ over the years FIXING them and hopping them up so they would be able to keep up with the 'rice burners' that were kicking their collective asses.
    Would I own one today? Only if I won it or it was free. I went through my H-D stage many years ago and got it out of my system, but I still worked on them up until I shut my shop down a few years ago.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I have had two HD's, good looking and sounding bikes.... but no performance to speak of without dropping another few grand on a stage 3 kit.
    You know what they say, "Harley... The best way to turn gasoline into noise without the benefit of horsepower" My last one left me stranded with a bad electrical system in the middle of nowhere and it was only 6 months old... so no more HD's for me. Ran a hopped up one the other day, he thought he was fast, I hit the governor in 2nd, popped 3rd and he was dust.

Not a Basher but.......

When I was looking for a bike, I thought the Fat Boy was the bike I would get. Then I found the Kawasaki Nomad. So much more bike for $8,000 less. A coworker of mine said I would have more friends if I bought a Harley. Excuse me but screw that. I do not need to buy friends. I do not need a motorcycle to go with my T Shirt Collection. I bought a Honda because they are well made, dependable and more bang for the bike. To find a Harley that was "Equal" to the F6B, the rag magazines get a $35,000 bike to the $18,000 Honda F6B. Really! I have no need for a Harley. I do a little bashing in fun. A Harley is for men with Erectile Dysfunction and women that cannot get an satisfaction on a washing machine with an unbalanced load. I love my Honda. Wave at me when you pass with the whole hand or one finger, Harley riders. I'm happy with what I have.