Do any of you like Harley Davidson.... - Page 8
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Do any of you like Harley Davidson....

put it this way; If Harley made an airplane, would you put your family in it to fly across the country? How about Honda? There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerman View Post
    However after running an 88 evo powered heritage for a number of years (back and forth and around the continent) I can say that the bikes when not tinkered with (too much) are as solid as tractors....and about as comfortablewith paint and chrome...at least from that era that goes on for ever. Tough machines until people start tinkering with things better off left alone.
    True dat! The old EVO is a reliable motor, replace the cam tensioners once and they are good to go. The EVO didn't have much competition in the vtwin world back then.

The problem is... today there are so many great performing v-twins, that folks feel compelled to tweak the Harley to get some power from them..

Quote Originally Posted by ED209 View Post
    and very expensive and very fast

I was and actually still am, considering a small $ cruiser and the HD Street750, Indian Scout, HD883 and Yamaha Bolt all fit the category.
    The Scout- buries the others in that category.

Never saw the need

A group of us back in the day were going to the hill climbs 52 miles from our home. a friend had a 750 Honda Supersport and I had a 750-4 and the rest had Harleys. 13 miles down the road 2 of those Harley were in the trailer, another 25 miles one was broke down and took 45 minutes to get going. 2 and half hours later we reach the high climb already running.
    So as far as my 22 year old self back then decided on never going with a Harley for my ride.
    I have had 3 Honda dirt bikes and 2 Honda 750 road bikes and an Odd ball Ossa 250 phantom dirt bike and now the F6B none of which ever left me stranded anywhere and never had to be pickup and hauled in.
    Harleys--- I just could never see spending that much money to go that slow!!!

Seadog I was not joking about pushing them.
    I rode them in the 70s.
    They were horse shyt back then.
    Always something causing a breakdown.
    Even now I was told by a Harley Mechanic that the engines are only good on average for 40,000 miles then need rebuilt.
    I don't know.
    Just what I was told.
    I will not buy one.
    If someone gave me one I would instantly put it up for sale.

Doug

My last 3 bikes in the past 18 yrs were Harleys. They were solid bikes with no problems. My Fatboy dynoed at 96 Hp out of a 80 inch motor, with about 4 grand in motor work. It was a screamer, you can get horsepower out of Harleys. Would I buy another one, hell ya. Do l like my F6B hell ya.

Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by a1scoot View Post

I eat from all the food groups…..
    That's great, a way to go! There is no one bike that does everything to everyone, best to have more!

I loved my 2009 HD VRSCF Muscle. It was a greatly enjoyable, fast and reliable bike for a few years. I made it fit me great with many extras:

Attachment 15705

Just recently I bought a Victory Cross Country. Awesome bike. Fits me great stock and it has a couple of things my F6B does not, cruise and abs. Of course, I am keeping the F6B, but I love cruisers too.

20150616_073642.jpg

If HD makes a bike I like in the future I could own another one. Both my VRSCF and Road King Classic I owned performed fine with no problems and I enjoyed riding them. Currently I'm happy with these two.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Owned 3 over 13 years. 10 minutes on the f6b and those days were done. Started with Jap bikes, guess I'm going out that way.
    ss^,
    Ken

Harley's are beautiful machines, excellent paint, excellent chrome, and you can't beat the pride of ownership.
    ... However, I purchased a FLH in 1978 when Harley-Davidson was owned by AMF, and in 4 years I paid for it again in repairs.
    I'd love to see Harley do something bold and come out with a shaft-driven bike, maybe even a new fully water-cooled engine.

shooter
    Yeah I like them. Not for myself. My two brother in laws have them. I don't hold it against them.