The Middle East Problem in 5 minutes by Dennis Prager - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Middle East Problem in 5 minutes by Dennis Prager

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    in the most recent fighting Israel suffered 60 casualties (mostly army) the Palestinians 2000 (mostly civilians) including a UN shelter.
    What do you expect when the Palestinians and the U.N. allow,Hamas to store and fire their rockets from close to the shelters/schools/hospitals/mosques/etc......

The people in the Gazza strip have no where to go they are blockaded
    True but by their own doing. As soon as Israel gave the Palestinians the Gazza strip in an effort for peace, Hamas was there shortly after digging tunnels and setting up rockets. They (Hamas) has turned the Gazza Strip into a DMZ, not Israel.

Glad there is a halt in the proceedings, hopefully they can find a long term solution.
    Agreed and we can only hope!

Of course Hamas will do as they always do and re-fortify, re-arm right next to the shelters/schools/hospitals/hotels/mosques/etc.. I linked an article about Hamas having a Combat Manual.....which calls for the human shields. I'm not sure how one could call them "Freedom Fighters"
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

I don't understand the political behavior at all. Since when are "we" negotiating with terrorists?

It doesn't matter if this is a religious war or whatever. Someone gets attacked again and again. When he strikes back he suddenly gets blamed world wide by the media. Where was this media when he had the victims on his side?
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Quote Originally Posted by Kurare79 View Post
    I don't understand the political behavior at all. Since when are "we" negotiating with terrorists?
    Negotiation is the only way to resolve these issues ie IRA, ANC etc

@Darren: I hope you're right. Even though i don't think fanatics like the Hamas wants to communicate and find a peaceful resolution at all.
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

You can't negotiate with people that won't negotiate.

Attachment 7435

I honestly can't understand the controversy. If the Palestinians don't like the situation, they need to change it. Kill Hamas or learn to swim. I'm sick of the "they have nowhere to go" argument. If they wanted to go they would figure it out. If you're just fishing for an argument then you got me. Do Canadians really care anyway? Nobody hates them. Well, maybe the French Canadians.

This what happens when we (USA) negotiates with terrorist.

"Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

is a true version of the conflict

Well I am and always have been for the underdog..... seems to me if you are Christian then you are for , if you are for anyone else then that would put you into the group of folks that don't believe and or are muslim....

This area is sacred to Christians and we/they believe it should survive at any cost! And the other non-believers believe if this sacred land is bombed away, changing the rest to the world to either non believers or muslim would be almost a given.

People have no stomach for what is being done. I blame the deaths of the innocents on the people who place them in the way...this gives the simple minded news reporters a podium on which to stand saying Israel is bad.. I guess for me when someone openly states which side they chose then I know which Bible they read....sadly these folks have been fighting for 1000's of years and a 1000 years from now they will be still fighting,,,,main difference will be the US will be broke sitting on the side lines hoping that we can save our country as it is now being taken over by the above and only a matter of time before we have the same fighting in the streets to keep certain towns Christian and the others muslim.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Unhappy Disclaimer: this is just my point of view

I hate politics but after reading this thread I felt compelled to respond.

I agree that terrorism should not be tolerated. The only problem is, who are the terrorist here? It depends on your point of view and whose side are you on. There is no real 'good guys' vs. 'bad guys' here, as much as we'd like to believe there is.

I want to point out I am not a Jewish or Muslim (I am Christian). I simply looked at the evidence and history and I refuse to be brainwashed by the media. Of course I may be wrong and biased but the truth isn't, as long as we are willing to accept the facts.

The following link is a well presented summary of a fairly recent history of the region. There are a lot of historical events presented in some detail, but the history of the region is very rich:

http://youtu.be/wb6IiSUxpgw

The following video is longer but very interesting. This is an Israeli man, a son of a famous Israeli general, doing a presentation in Seattle in 2012 regarding the Israeli Palestinian struggle. He wrote a book about it:

http://youtu.be/TOaxAckFCuQ

Interestingly enough, you will see in the above video who he believes to be acting as terrorist.

Here is another video of a seminar on Israeli Palestinian conflict by an American scholar as presented at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland Ohio:

http://youtu.be/h9Q_8ZrYku4

I would like to point this: Palestinians are not just some other 'terrorist nation' and Israel is not an innocent 'victim' in this whole mess and vice versa. If you are very shallow in your investigation of the conflict and mostly get your 'news' from CNN and other major media without doing your own deeper research, than you will have a very narrow understanding of the problem.

I think it's unjust to think of Palestinians in the same category as Al Caeda et al. This is a completely different issue than Iraq and Afghanistan.

Dennis Prager video posted earlier in this thread is overly simplified view of the conflict by simply ignoring many facts in order to make an extremely one sided argument. In fact posting of that video made me respond.

Personally I condemn terrorist actions on both sides and killing innocent people on both sides should be condemned and stopped. I believe Jews and Palestinians can both coexist peacefully as long as their political leaders stop misleading their own people.

Now let's stop all this foolishness and go ride bikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Luke View Post
    I hate politics but after reading this thread I felt compelled to respond.

I agree that terrorism should not be tolerated. The only problem is, who are the terrorist here? It depends on your point of view and whose side are you on. There is no real 'good guys' vs. 'bad guys' here, as much as we'd like to believe there is.

I want to point out I am not a Jewish or Muslim (I am Christian). I simply looked at the evidence and history and I refuse to be brainwashed by the media. Of course I may be wrong and biased but the truth isn't, as long as we are willing to accept the facts.

The following link is a well presented summary of a fairly recent history of the region. There are a lot of historical events presented in some detail, but the history of the region is very rich:

http://youtu.be/wb6IiSUxpgw

The following video is longer but very interesting. This is an Israeli man, a son of a famous Israeli general, doing a presentation in Seattle in 2012 regarding the Israeli Palestinian struggle. He wrote a book about it:

http://youtu.be/TOaxAckFCuQ

Interestingly enough, you will see in the above video who he believes to be acting as terrorist.

Here is another video of a seminar on Israeli Palestinian conflict by an American scholar as presented at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland Ohio:

http://youtu.be/h9Q_8ZrYku4

I would like to point this: Palestinians are not just some other 'terrorist nation' and Israel is not an innocent 'victim' in this whole mess and vice versa. If you are very shallow in your investigation of the conflict and mostly get your 'news' from CNN and other major media without doing your own deeper research, than you will have a very narrow understanding of the problem.

I think it's unjust to think of Palestinians in the same category as Al Caeda et al. This is a completely different issue than Iraq and Afghanistan.

Dennis Prager video posted earlier in this thread is overly simplified view of the conflict by simply ignoring many facts in order to make an extremely one sided argument. In fact posting of that video made me respond.

Personally I condemn terrorist actions on both sides and killing innocent people on both sides should be condemned and stopped. I believe Jews and Palestinians can both coexist peacefully as long as their political leaders stop misleading their own people.

Now let's stop all this foolishness and go ride bikes!
    +1