Quote Originally Posted by Vol1chuck View Post
My buddy and I make a multi-state, 10 day to 2 week trip every year and have found a great, readily available lodging option. Whenever possible, we stay at KOA in their Kamping Kabins (I know..hokey name). The base unit always has a full size bed and a set of bunks. Depending on the local weather, there will be heat and a/c. Some have small refrigerators and I've even found one with a small TV. Porch swing and picnic table. Fire ring. And I've stayed in them from Bar Harbor, Maine to Tombstone, Az and, without exception, all the restroom/shower facilities are always spotless. We've paid as little as 30 bucks, and as much as 90 (Deadwood during Sturgis week), but the average is 50. Safe travels.....

Oh, and if you purchase their frequent kamper kard (yeah, more hokey), you save 10% and accumulate points that add up to further cash discounts.
Yeah, agreed. The bar has been raised at the KOA's in recent years. We find most locations that we have used to have clean facilities and friendly welcoming management and guests.

I can heartily recommend the following locations.

Salt Lake City
San Diego
Petaluma
Albany/Corvallis