Anybody running Show Chrome heel/toe shifter?

Thread: Anybody running Show Chrome heel/toe shifter?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock View Post
    motoman- My instructions say nothing about removing the rubber sleeve. If I remove the sleeve it seems like there would be too much slop, and the problem is shifting down into 1st, with the toe end. It doesn't seem like it's pushing it down far enough. It shifts up fine with the heel. Here is all the instruction that it came with-Attachment 7532

Sorry Hardrock - Maybe there are different versions.

Here is the one I used:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/documents/in...-21GL-0911.pdf
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

If it is off balance, I can't tell yet. It's not loose enough on the pivot to tell. If I move it up or down it stays where I left it. I'm gonna keep oiling it, and riding it and hopefully it loosens up a bit. If not I'll probably have to take it apart and sand some material off the nylon bushing.
    Motoman - the instructions you have for Kuryakyn, in picture 2, that piece is what Show Chrome should use. Gives the forked end a smooth surface to ride on. Too much slop riding on peg, inside next to rubber shift knob, if that is where it's supposed to be. (Don't know for sure yet).

Got it figured out

Shot off an email to Big Bike Parts, to verify where the shift fork was to be making contact. They responded that the one that is on their F6B, rides on the shift lever rubber. The H/T fork on mine is so far to the right(inside) that it kind of slides off the edge. They include spacers where you mount the floorboards to accommodate for chrome frame covers, so I put them on and that slid it over just enough so that the fork is just on the far right of rubber peg. So issue #1 is solved.
    Oiling pivot on H/T shifter was not enough, I ended up taking it off the shaft and lightly sanding the insides of the nylon bushings. Mine were way too snug to ever loosen up, but now its PERFECT. Sooooo nice to be able to ride my new bike without worrying if I am going to wreck the transmission. These are really nice floorboards, and just wanted to share my experience in case some else runs into this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock View Post
    Shot off an email to Big Bike Parts, to verify where the shift fork was to be making contact. They responded that the one that is on their F6B, rides on the shift lever rubber. The H/T fork on mine is so far to the right(inside) that it kind of slides off the edge. They include spacers where you mount the floorboards to accommodate for chrome frame covers, so I put them on and that slid it over just enough so that the fork is just on the far right of rubber peg. So issue #1 is solved.
    Oiling pivot on H/T shifter was not enough, I ended up taking it off the shaft and lightly sanding the insides of the nylon bushings. Mine were way too snug to ever loosen up, but now its PERFECT. Sooooo nice to be able to ride my new bike without worrying if I am going to wreck the transmission. These are really nice floorboards, and just wanted to share my experience in case some else runs into this issue.
    That was my bike that they had the picture of above. I have ran those boards for about 5000 miles now and they are perfect.
    I am used to larger boards and a heel toe shifter on my other bikes, I really like these.
    They were correct as you can see from the picture with the fork going just to the right of the rubber. I have not had any problem of any type with this set up.
    Rick