I think I'm done...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I'm done...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I think I'm done...

Well I never thought I'd say it but I really don't think there is another accessory that I'm dying to put on my F6B.

I've melted the numbers off of 2 Visa cards and if I was married I would probably be divorce over my accessory "impulse" buying. I've even thought of starting a 12 step program for Accessory Addicts. Accessories Anonymous

But here are my questions... Are you Done? Do you have your bike the way you want it? What Now? Do I get a new project and start over?

Maybe after I see the other bikes at Franklin I'll be refreshed with new accessory ideas.

shooter
    Just getting started DK. Unfortunately I like chrome and this bike doesn't have much. I add a piece or two a month taste fully until the "look" is just right for me.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I've put about $8,000 in my bike over the year and I will probably never be done. I have a few things to do over the next few months then it gets serious over the winter!

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I'm runnin outta stuff to put on,,,

I'm not much for ornament's, so that eliminates about 3/4 of the GL accessory's,,,,

I prefer 'clean' vs clutter, so tacking on a buncha stuff in the drivers area isn't going to happen,,,

I hear ya on the 'next project' thoughts, but silly to sell if that's the only reason.,,,

I'm down to adding stuff that's 'in the hundreds' that I really do not have to have,,, I recently added a Honda Passenger backrest that will probably only be used 2-3 times,,, Thinkin about heated grips (and I live in HOUSTON!!!)

Pipes? Eh, Runnin OEM and have no complaints, so

Added J + M speakers,,, (Not stellar, but a noticeable improvement)

Ya know,,, it's REALLY getting bad,,,, Drivin me absolutely bonkers, this 'need to mod / need to experiment',,,

So FRICKIN bad,,, I almost,,, ALMOST thought about slippin on a CT!

I am done, done, done,!!!..Famous last words for most of us including me, but at 74 and not riding as much I used to and tired of "pissing money down a rat hole" on bikes...I have no plans to add anything else to mine...Got Mustang seat, Cobra pipes, Kury grips, chrome side stand, Kury chrome cubby, and ignition switch cover and now I am good to go.....Yeh right.....Ride safe....

Just the way You Are

The bike is stock and will stay stock....love the way the bike looks...im only 5'6 so windsheild is great ...seat works great on my day off i ride between 400-600 miles ...longest being 978 miles....Love this bike the way its setup out of the box!

Done

During my first three months of ownership I managed to work the Credit Card petty good. I penned the following post which describes my mods.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?5...s-Into-The-F6B

I managed to keep things in perspective by "home brewing" several items, all of which have worked well and added comfort and functionality to my 6.

Other than the original mods, I just replaced my OEM front tire with a Bidgestone Battlax which makes me a "Double Dark Sider".

The days of swapping out OEM exhaust systems are gone, along with adding "bling/chrome". The only other mod I may do will be the addition of a "Gel Pad Insert" for my OEM seat. That will be a "Do It Yourself Project" keeping costs to a minimum.

Just had a gent comment that my 6 looked like a "Work of Art" which reminded me on how well a job Mother Honda did in designing this bike. The clean lines of a OEM 6 are rather hard to improve on. IMHO "comfort items" should be the first priority for the 6.

Re: accessories

Oh please don't get me started... Front fender signals... Fork brace.. Lunasee lite kit...RGB LED lite kit...HID's... hI intensity yellows for the Highbeam.. Throttle Meister cruise control.. clearview 14 inch windscreen.. Mustang custom seat.. With red stitching... Fender extension.. Foam grips for my long fingers..Cobra 6-2-6 pipes.. Blackout treatment on the front nose fender and tail..v shaped.. Stealth hiway pegs that connect directly to the engine.. Rear license plate bracket with LEDs... And the full rear and saddlebag LED light kit by Kuryakin... When I get some time I will post some quality pictures of all of it...all in black trim on a red F6B deluxe..with the Muth Blue mirrors with red signals...and clear front turn signals with Amber bulbs...looks killer...Bike Life Baby... ..oh..and I blow by 109's like they're parked...especially in the twisties!!! The guys that thought the F6B was an old man's bike...well... Let's just say they won't say that to me again!!!

When I bought my bike it already had the fog light kit, chrome front fender extension, and a CB dark screen. I've since swapped out the windshield for the clear Honda tall w/vent and I've added the passenger backrest riser and the Rivco flip out pegs. I want to keep the bike as close to stock as possible so I probably won't be adding anything more than that.

Yeah Ok

Yeah OK, I probably just had a weak moment.
    I'm going to order the switchback front signal lights and flasher. Will probably slap on a fork brace and then there is the audio upgrade... What was I thinking?