Honda response to paint issue

Thread: Honda response to paint issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I added a clear coat

I knew about the paint issues before buying my F6B. I bought a deeply discounted 2013. Within two weeks I had it stripped down and all the red parts clear coated at the auto body shop. Since I did the work and the paint was brand new, the job was relatively cheap - no chips, no scratches, no re-paint. Just $500. And 3 evenings on either end for the disassemble/re-assemble. Looks super sharp and no worries from here on out! Eyes wide open - and loving every minute of it!
    Steve in OR

Yellow holding up so far

I'm close to 5k and at least 5 washes and LG applications. So far not a swirl or any paint coming off on applicators or wipe offs. The bike is covered under a very dusty carport and even w/ that I'm not finding any noticeable scratches. Was the issue taken care of on the 14'? I can't remember if I read that here or not.
    "Great Britain's a great country, but it's not an idea ... that's how we see [America] around the world, one of the greatest ideas in human history." Bono

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I have a HOR painted 6. Wife has an OEM black 6 we bought at HOR 1 week after picking mine up.

There is not a HUGE difference between the paint on either bike.

Neither of us are 'polish-aholics'. Each bike has been waxed once since Sept of 13.

~Modern~ paint has different care requirements / characteristics than the old paint of yesteryear. Everyone claims 'they know what they are doing' but if they get swirls after polishing, eh, well, the results speak for themselves.

In addition, Black is the WORST color you can get for showing swirls.

If anyone is a polish-aholic, and wants a black bike, PLEASE do not buy a Honda F6B. Go down the street to the shiny bike store and you'll find all kinds of stuff to 'polish'.