Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
Congrats Nole. You could do that but I wouldn't rush it. Do it when you get home and take your time; this bike is chocked full of rubber grommets and stepped washers that are easy to lose... and it's not always clear when and where they're hidden. Take your time, and for every bolt or nut that gets loosened, take a real close look to see if any loose parts on on it. This bike is also notorious for having slightly different length bolts or bolt shoulders; if you rush you could easily lose track of where they go.

I'm at the point where I don't mess around; every nut and bolt that comes off... gets "stored" in the disassembled hole until the whole bike is put back together. This is the best way to not lose anything, and to not lose track of where it all goes.

EDIT: Oops, n/m! Well done on the quick install.
Lol...I watched the video of the Goldwing windshield replacement on Youtube a few times in anticipation, so it was a breeze. The hardest part was fitting my fat fingers behind the mirrors to get the bolts started again when putting the front back on.

Didn't have time to do the lens covers at lunch...so those will be done when I get home after it cools off.