What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 112

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Installed a new Klockwerks windscreen tonite.
    14" version. Hope it's long enough to keep my helmet out of the windstream as I am 6.2"!
    Testride tomorrow and travel to the Dolomites (Italian mountains) on friday.

Well the Klockwerks 14" screen (only 10" of screen visible once mounted) hits me the wind right on the upper half of my helmet.
    So I drilled 3 additional holes a good inch lower and mounted the screen an inch higher. Now it's a little better, the wind stream hits the upper part of my helmet only. I can ride with open visor up to about 50-60mph now.
    Will leave it on for now and off tomorrow morning early for a +1000mi mountain trip thru Switzerland with destination Italian Dolomites.

Quote Originally Posted by ADV67 View Post
    Well the Klockwerks 14" screen (only 10" of screen visible once mounted) hits me the wind right on the upper half of my helmet.
    So I drilled 3 additional holes a good inch lower and mounted the screen an inch higher. Now it's a little better, the wind stream hits the upper part of my helmet only. I can ride with open visor up to about 50-60mph now.
    Will leave it on for now and off tomorrow morning early for a +1000mi mountain trip thru Switzerland with destination Italian Dolomites.
    I did the same thing plus added the X-Creen which stopped all buffeting.
    MRA windscreen front.jpg

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Mustang, Backrest, Rack, Givi topcase

Installed seat, eBay rack, backrest, and Givi trunk. Trunk will only be on during overnigters with the wife. Mustang seat was a royal PITA, as some of you guys know. Needed longer bolts to make eBay rack work, as it came with no hardware.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Added a Ram Mount to left side of bike. Ran a female-male extension of the audio cable and got a flush mount 12 V male connector to be able to play tunes and charge my phone when mounted.

Do they make auto-rewind 3.5mm audio cords and USB to Apple lightning male plug ins? Dealing with the extra cord length is an issue I would like a solution to.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I did the same thing plus added the X-Creen which stopped all buffeting.
    Attachment 22730
    That is a great idea.
    I just came back from my 4-day mountain trip and I like the smaller size of the Klockwerks screen when riding in the twisties and uphill. Some mountainroads were really very narrow and the lower screen allows to look over it and see the road close ahead much better than with the larger GW screen. But on the highway on my way back the Klockwerks got very tiring with all the buffeting and my head felt like a shaken mellon at the end of the day.
    So I will do the same: mount a MRA X-creen on top of it.
    Did you drill the holes ito the Klockwerks screen to mount the MRA, Biglry? I mean, after drilling there is no way back, the holes remain visible in that area.
    Will report back on this mod, I will leave for another 2000mi trip with the 6 this friday and ride down to the riviera coast.

Took her on a date.

Attachment 22798
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim

Gave it some goodies

New front tire with 2 0z of balancing beads and changed out that 10 cent valve stem and put a real solid piece in its place and a fresh load of antifreeze in the radiators. Drove back home and everything was perfect.

pony tank 2.0

got the bigger better tank V 2.0. mounted. After 8 years of faithful service on 2 different scoots v1.0 had a fatal accidentAttachment 22806pony tank.jpg

Now I just need to be home long enough to break it in.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    got the bigger better tank V 2.0. mounted.
    That looks amazing I've never seen something like that before. Do you also have a picture from the front of the tank?

In your country, do you have to go to something like state traffic service that they say: Yes, you are allowed to drive with this tank. Or can you just attach and go?
    Always a good and safe ride,
    Karim