What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 117

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Electric doors

Installed the MBL Electronic Saddlebag Door Release Kit.
    This finishes the incomplete engineering for the Corbin Smuggler accessory.
    The Smuggler door release does away with our familiar pull handles by changing them to a "push-pin" design that was a poor design at best and even after going to Corbin to get it "professionally installed" it still didn't want to play properly. Kudos to Michael at Corbin Daytona - he did some magic and it was a whole lot better - but a poor design will not last, regardless of the ingenuity of installers.

Isleen is feeling MUCH better about herself and has a little more swagger in her curves.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by lgjhn View Post
    Will,
    Pics below. Only put a few miles on these today, but so far, I like em. That Toyo Proxes on the rear is a 185/60-16 that puts the speedo dead on with the GPS, it tracks good and appears to have dropped my rpms slightly. The BT-45 on the front is the same type I had on my trike for 13K miles before cupping out. Running 43 psig in the rear (not a run-flat) and 41 on the BT-45. Bike tracks great with these, but I don't have many miles on em yet. We'll see how they do loaded 2-up with luggage on our way up to the rally next week.
    I did mount the BT-45 in the proper direction. It was mounted in reverse on my trike...don't ask me why as I have no idea why they did it.
    Thanks for the picture! I was wondering what it was like.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    If you have the time, I would like to see a picture of the front tire. I am intrigued by "double darkside". I recently went darkside on the rear and I am really starting to like the difference in the handling and the ride.

I went double dark on my vtx, and really liked it. The tire rotation thing was always confusing for me. I "think"!i had the rotation backwards on the front tire, but not sure.

Should have done the same when I got the front tire replaced at 8,650. Next time I'll plan better.

Just finished with the LED turn signals, and smoked lenses on the front, and LED turn signals with a wig wag in the rear. Tomorrow, I'll add the new wind screen, and the LED flasher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Everywhere you go, there you are" Please, visit us at www.bigfootmotorcycletours.com

I put some Sea Foam in and filled the tank. Then I went for a nice 3 hour ride to no-ware on November 19 no less.

Now the bike is ready for winter.

If I wanted to work on a bike I would have bought a Harley.

thanks for making me smarter

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Fenda Extenda is a most effective addition. I did not mount mine with screws and/or bolts though. I took the rear fender off, cleaned it up and applied epoxy to the Fenda Extenda and the inside of the rear fender, then used clamps to secure it while the epoxy cured.

At any rate... You will like it!
    Willtill - thanks for the idea on the extenda fenda mounting method.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Put some Bump in the Trunk!

Well, I replaced my very old Shoei helmets with some new Kabuto modular helmets. The new helmets are great. Very quiet. But, they do not fit in the trunk!

So, I made a different use of the trunk. I put in an 8" speaker. Now I have front, mid and rear speakers. The rear sub is driven off of the same amp running the mid speakers.

Now if I fade to the front only, the DXI651s speakers sound like an old transistor radio on their own. The mid and rear speaker do not sound right on their own, either (too much bass). But with all of them on, it sounds great!

This won't compete with Jimmy T's, but it is real good. Now I need a plan for spring when the trunk comes off. Gonna miss that bass!

Attachment 24962
    The sub.

Attachment 24965
    Front porting.

100_3665.jpg
    Mid speakers.

Attachment 24963
    Sub view from below.
    Albuquerque, NM

Looked at it through my garage window with the cover on it and thought "if the mercury rises above 40 degrees this weekend I'm going for a spin"

She got pets.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Installed this Voltmeter...

Attachment 25252

In the usual place.

Jim