What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 15
Page 15 of 126 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Installed a Kury fork brace.

It was an easy job, but the instructions on final adjustment were certainly not written by any technical writer.
    The instructions said to make sure the spacing between the outer side clamps and the inner brace were equidistant (my word).

What they neglected to say was make sure the spacing between the outer side clamps and the inner brace were equidistant both on the front and rear of both clamps. Someone could install the side clamps out of square if they followed Kury's instructions.

After installation I wasn't happy with the amount of the fork slider exposed to the elements and bugs. The Kury brace's fork shield doesn't extend as high up the fork sliders as did the factory plastic fork shield.
    I installed a set of these. I had a set on my previous bike and they worked great at keeping dried bug guts and road muck from getting into the fork seals and cutting the seals:

http://www.nojgear.com/NOJ_Neoprene_.../fgnl01-01.htm

Quote Originally Posted by luisjromero View Post
    2 weeks waiting for a new Mustang Tripper Fastback Deluxe (Tuck and Roll Center)...finally is here but I wasn't able to put in the motorcycle. I was fighting against the lateral screws and after a couple of hours I gave up (shame on me!!!!)
    Watching the video looks very easy, but...was impossible for me. I'm so frustrated and disappointed...
    You need to order from Value Accessories new aftermarket seat bolts....Part #BP52-843 Tapered Seat Bolt Set for Honda GoldWing f6B..The stock bolts will not work without a "huge", if not impossible, hassle to install this seat...Do not buy the ones from "Wingstuff" as they are too short and will not work, I know as I tried them with my dealer tech for over an hour. The newer up-dated ones from Value Accessories are longer than stock and will do the job.....Good Luck and be patient, the seat is a first class "pain in the ass" to install but works great once on the bike!!! The stock bolts will just barely fit and hold on, but it is not worth the effort...Get the newer stainless steel ones....

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    You need to order from Value Accessories new aftermarket seat bolts....Part #BP52-843 Tapered Seat Bolt Set for Honda GoldWing f6B..The stock bolts will not work without a "huge", if not impossible, hassle to install this seat...Do not buy the ones from "Wingstuff" as they are too short and will not work, I know as I tried them with my dealer tech for over an hour. The newer up-dated ones from Value Accessories are longer than stock and will do the job.....Good Luck and be patient, the seat is a first class "pain in the ass" to install but works great once on the bike!!! The stock bolts will just barely fit and hold on, but it is not worth the effort...Get the newer stainless steel ones....
    Well, I feel much better now because there are an explanation beyond my miserable mechanical skills ...thanks for your technical advices, I'll follow them.

Best regards, opas ride!

PD...already ordered
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by luisjromero View Post
    Well, I feel much better now because there are an explanation beyond my miserable mechanical skills .
    Don't sell yourself short.
    A brain surgeon has to be more than just competent with the various hand and powered tools you use in your profession.
    A tool is a tool. I'm sure you can wrench with the best of them.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I installed the Healtech GIpro gear indicator, tore the dash apart for my blue led's that will be tied into the ignition, took all the panels apart and started to measure for my RGB led lights, and installed brake light modulator........this weekend I'm going to drill through the dash for a bolt to secure the Zumo to the center dash so I can leave it on the bike at all times. I love me some winter projects........

Cool Cee-Bailey Windshield

I have owned my red F6B since 2/20/14. My previous favorite bike was my '97 Valk. Tourer. My F6b is best bike I've owned, just added the shield 15" with vent. I am 6', and I have no wind buffeting, while being able to see over it. I also bolted on black mini foot boards, Kuryakyn chrome brake pedal, and smoked turn signal lenses. Next addition, Kuryakyn rear LED lights, and MC Cruise control from Australia. I had a bagger shield split windscreen, but was either looking through it, or being slammed with air to my upper chest. Ride hard, ride safe, Fatrboy
    1964 Honda P-50
    1970 Honda CB 350
    1976 Honda 750 sport
    1977 Honda GL 1000
    1978 Yamaha XL 1200
    1979 Yamaha XL 1200 Custom
    1983 Yamaha 1300 Venture Royale
    1997 Valkyrie Tourer
    2004 Yamaha Roadstar
    2013 Honda Red F6B

Right!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Don't sell yourself short.
    A brain surgeon has to be more than just competent with the various hand and powered tools you use in your profession.
    A tool is a tool. I'm sure you can wrench with the best of them.
    That is very kind of you. I will try to remember...when using longer screws recommended by opas ride

Regards
    2002 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic
    2014 Honda F6D Deluxe

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

New Mustang Seat

It didn't take long. I put a new seat on it this morning and rode around Calvert County, MD for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    It didn't take long. I put a new seat on it this morning and rode around Calvert County, MD for a bit.
    Did you have any trouble with the seat rails using the stock bolts or did you use the newer up-dated ones that are longer and tapered to make the install a lot easier???

Got my WIK valve for changing the oil in the mail today along w/my Show Chrome filter wrench and an F6b lid organizer, was like Christmas.
    Have a polished/coated rear rim off a '13 Goldwing on the way.\
    Long time till riding weather though.