What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 15
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    shooter
    BRING IT!!!!!!! When I go around you it will look like one of them dull grey battleships sitting in port.

New Tires

A beautiful rainy 57 degree day today so after the only job I had for today canceled I decided to ask for the rest of the day off and get new tires on my recently purchased 2013 F6B.

The first thing I noticed is even though it was raining pretty heavy and I was on I-26 for a while I barely got wet. That would have been a totally different story on the Street Glide I had before.

The guy who had this motorcycle before me had put on a car tire which I didn’t like that well. On these fine SC roads it seemed to want to follow cracks and even the slightest difference in asphalt levels made it want to move around in the lane. The wife didn't like that so I had a new set of Dunlops put on and added the balancing beads. It was the first time I had ever used the beads so I am not sure which made the most difference the tire or the beads. On the way home it was noticeably smoother than before and did great in the curves when I got to where it hadn’t rained in a while.

Looking forward to getting a good trip in soon now that tires aren't a worry!!

Added my GPS mount and powered it up.
    Added the TrailToys EZView mirrors to eliminate blinds spots.
    Made up a key knob for my saddlebag lock.

Quote Originally Posted by pickensace View Post
    A beautiful rainy 57 degree day today so after the only job I had for today canceled I decided to ask for the rest of the day off and get new tires on my recently purchased 2013 F6B.

The first thing I noticed is even though it was raining pretty heavy and I was on I-26 for a while I barely got wet. That would have been a totally different story on the Street Glide I had before.

The guy who had this motorcycle before me had put on a car tire which I didn’t like that well. On these fine SC roads it seemed to want to follow cracks and even the slightest difference in asphalt levels made it want to move around in the lane. The wife didn't like that so I had a new set of Dunlops put on and added the balancing beads. It was the first time I had ever used the beads so I am not sure which made the most difference the tire or the beads. On the way home it was noticeably smoother than before and did great in the curves when I got to where it hadn’t rained in a while.

Looking forward to getting a good trip in soon now that tires aren't a worry!!
    Be careful what you say about the darkside!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Be careful what you say about the darkside!
    Smart Azz!!!!

Was a busy boy today. Working in my southwest desert heated garage, trying to ignore a hangover, I actually installed my Helibars, JBL GTO638 speakers, Superled flashing red lamps, and reset the ECU. I be proud and sheeit.

WOW!!! You should get hung over more often !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Changed the front tire today. Got 16,162 miles on the 1st tire. Stayed with the "Stone" on the front. Darkside on rear. Looked at the "front tire thread" on this great Web Site, and completed the job myself. Was not difficult, or time consuming. I had previously ordered the tire, and was just waiting for the right time to change. The "thread" tells all the tools required, and the torques needed. Test ride after of 50 miles, to get the tire scrubbed up. All good!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    WOW!!! You should get hung over more often !
    Unusually productive...Keg-a-rader with Coors Light next to cement pond as emergency resuscitation standby plan. One foot in front of the other mate.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Cool, that would hold an Uzi....maybe an MP5!
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Stro I think I could get 25 or 30 loaded AR clips in there.
    Keep guessing gents....I know others are!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce