What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 21
Page 21 of 126 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

New passenger back rest,
    The one from show chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    WingThing, better clean your mirrors

What are you hiding?
    You'll never know.....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Amipro View Post
    Installed a Kury forkbrace and adjusted the preload on the back end.
    Very happy with the way it rides.
    I've never checked mine. What setting is it at from the factory and what did you change it to? Did you set it for a softer ride or a more firm setting? I'm thinking like I'd want to a bit more firm with the setting on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by WingThing View Post
    I've never checked mine. What setting is it at from the factory and what did you change it to? Did you set it for a softer ride or a more firm setting? I'm thinking like I'd want to a bit more firm with the setting on mine.
    From the factory they come on the lowest setting. Most set theirs midway, about 17 of the 34 "clicks".

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    From the factory they come on the lowest setting. Most set theirs midway, about 17 of the 34 "clicks".
    So if I understand this shock thing it is okay to leave it at the factory setting if your satisfied??..Adjusting the rear shock to a higher setting makes the ride a little more harsh/firm?..Is is necessary to adjust if you ride only one-up and weigh about 195lbs.?? No luggage usually....

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    So if I understand this shock thing it is okay to leave it at the factory setting if your satisfied??..Adjusting the rear shock to a higher setting makes the ride a little more harsh/firm?..Is is necessary to adjust if you ride only one-up and weigh about 195lbs.?? No luggage usually....
    Sure, if you're happy, leave it alone. OTOH, considering how easy this adjustment is made, and considering rider weight of just under 200 lbs., I would advise experimenting with the setting. You may just find an improvement in overall handling by doing so. Increasing the rear preload on my bike didn't seem to add harshness at all but it did raise the rear which is mainly what I was after. The end goal is to get front and rear suspensions working together. When you sit on your bike and the rear sags more than the forks, you need to add rear preload.
    Ken (Hornblower)

2kewlgypsy
    If I'm not mistaken - the manual says to turn it one click - like it comes from the dealer at 0 and you want at least a 1?

I adjusted mine to mid-level. I ride 50/50 alone and two up. I'm no heavyweight either, weighing about 210 in my gear. My wife's a lightweight at about 110. I find the half way setting to be perfect, either alone, or with passenger.

I added 20 new florescent light fixtures to see her better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

150lbs ride solo and 2 up that makes 275 set mine on 6....